Prudential is seeking an IT desktop and application support engineer in our Global Business and Technology Solutions organization to provide support for a broad base of Prudential businesses. Candidate must have exceptional technical, communication and interpersonal skills. All technology related questions and issues from PC’s, Virtual desktops, managed print to mobile devices (iOS and Android) will be handled by the support engineer. Responsibilities will include:
- Provide IT desktop support for the Microsoft Windows, Macintosh, Mobile devices, Managed print end points and other emerging technologies.
- Manage PC Depot. Responsible for the management of large quantities of desktop and laptops as well as peripherals.
- Perform bulk builds of PC’s and laptops to assist desktop technicians in the deployment of end points to the end user community.
- Update asset management system for all assets that come in and go out of the depot.
- Work closely with internal support teams within central IT organization such as Desktop, Network Operations, Voice technology, Technology Procurement and the Information Security Office.
- Provide support for Office 365 environment, including Outlook and Skype for business
- Provide "Hot hands" for GBTS network operations, network engineering and voice operations teams.
- Essential training specific to Prudential's environment will be provided where necessary to supplement these skills.
- Provide IT expertise to business partners across a wide spectrum of IT areas.
- Additional ad-hoc projects - these might include coordinating with software development, quality assurance and IT integration teams to introduce new cutting edge hardware and software solutions.
- Set up of workstations, both physical and virtual for incoming groups of employees working on a variety of different Business unit platforms.
- Create and maintain automated utilities and processes including PC build automation and costumer facing request systems.
- Potential off hour, holiday and overtime work is required.
- 0 to 2 years desktop and application IT support experience.
- Strong knowledge of supporting both Windows desktops / laptops, Virtual Desktop Infrastructure, Apple products like Mac, iPhone and iPad as well as Android based mobile devices.
- Experience with Video Conferencing Technology is a plus.
- Customer service experience and expertise is required.
- Experience in a managed print environment.
- Basic networking knowledge. Network operations experience is a plus.
- Support experience in an Office 365 environment with Exchange/Outlook
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- College degree preferred
A little about us:
Our support of the military includes providing civilian employment opportunities to transitioning service members and military spouses.