Blizzard Entertainment's mobile applications provide millions of players with rich, interactive experiences that enable them to stay engaged with our universes wherever they are.
As an associate UX designer on our mobile team, you will combine your skills and passion for mobile product and interaction design to help craft and execute the user experience of Blizzard's mobile apps. You will bring your passion for interaction design and gaming to help guide players' journey through Blizzard's universes, events and communities on mobile. You will work closely with engineers, product managers, and team members to define workflows, design comps and ultimately bring Blizzard experiences to our players' mobile devices.
This role is a perfect fit for candidates who are entrepreneurial, excited about working in a fast and agile environment, and passionate about the opportunity to learn & grow within an established, fun, and highly-motivated design team. Join us!
Intern Guild Requirements
- Help define the user experience and strategy for Blizzard's cross-game mobile apps in collaboration with the team and other Blizzard departments.
- Understand our players by analyzing their behavior, motivations, pain points, and needs through analytics, competitive analysis, user interviews, focus groups, A / B testing, and other research methods.
- Contribute to mobile design solutions through high-level discussion and creation of concepts, wireframes, flowcharts, prototypes, and detailed mockups.
- Collaborate and build relationships with designers, program managers, engineers, user researchers, content strategists, and quality assurance analysts to create mobile products that are aligned with franchise and company goals and players' needs.
- Currently enrolled in a college or university
- Graduating between December 2016 - August 2017
- Authorized to work in the US
- Currently pursuing a degree (bachelor's, master's, or doctoral) in design (e.g. interaction, graphic, visual communications, product, industrial), HCI, CS, or a related field
- Passion for native mobile technology, gaming, and for creating great user-centered experiences
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite (specifically Photoshop and Illustrator)
- Able to explain the thought process behind your design and interaction solutions and to rally people around your approaches
- Comprehension of iOS and Android platform capabilities, interface conventions, user standards, design patterns and application experience
- Solid understanding of information flow, readability, human-centered design and interface usability principles
- Experience with designing experiences for native mobile applications
- Knowledge of methods for gathering and analyzing UX research data through competitive analysis, surveys, interviews, etc.
- Serious passion for gaming and belief in Blizzard's core values
- Please provide us with a URL or PDF file
- Your portfolio should showcase project mockups, wireframes, case studies, etc. Bonus points if you provide Blizzard-inspired samples!
- Cover Letter
- Tell us why you are interested in Blizzard
A little about us:
Blizzard Entertainment is a premier developer/publisher of entertainment software, including World of Warcraft, StarCraft, Diablo, and Hearthstone.