Applicants must provide a link to their professional demo reel in order to be considered
The LinkedIn Learning Solutions Content Team has an excellent entry-level opportunity for an Associate Video Editor. This position will assist the Video Editing team in course and project preparation, in addition to performing basic editing of instructional content utilizing Premiere Pro as well as having experience with audio enhancement, video compositing, color correction, and compression software.
LinkedIn was built to help professionals achieve more in their careers, and every day millions of people use our products to make connections, discover opportunities and gain insights. Our global reach means we get to make a direct impact on the world s workforce in ways no other company can. We re much more than a digital resume - we transform lives through innovative products and technology.
Searching for your dream job? At LinkedIn, we strive to help our employees find passion and purpose. Join us in changing the way the world works. Primary responsibilities:
- Assist editors in assembling/preparing a course for editing.
- Layout basic narrative structure for each movie in editing timeline.
- Prepare and organize footage to appropriate format prior to editing.
- Review footage, identify issues, and provide suggestions for editing.
- Perform basic narrative and screen-capture editing tasks.
- Perform basic masking/blurring tasks in addition to applying overlays and standard focus (zoom, highlight, circles) techniques.
- Place in slides and processed audio for final movie exports.
- Review, evaluate, and upload assets to FTP for contractors/vendors.
- Check contractor/vendor assignments for completion and consistency.
- Enter contractor/vendor bug data for performance reports.
- Download, re-link, export movies, and manage multiple contractor/vendor projects.
- Prep multi-cam sequences for Lead Video Editor.
- Add markers with relevant notes to help the Lead Video Editor edit more efficiently and effectively.
- Assist with editing notes and documentations.
- Review and assess finished movies when required.
- Participate in an ongoing process to improve efficiency and accuracy for current vendor and contractor workflows and communication.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned.
- Must submit a demo reel or work samples
- 1+ year of video editing experience
- A minimum of 2 years of experience using Premiere Pro software
- A minimum of 1 year of experience using audio and video compression techniques, utilizing software such as Adobe s Media Encoder and/or Apple s Compressor
- Proficiency in editing and have basic understanding of editorial workflow and process.
- Demonstrate the ability to effectively communicate and solve practical problems or issues
- Must task oriented and have excellent organization skills
- Must have basic knowledge of various video codecs such as Pro-Res, H264, and animation
- Competency with Mac and PC computers including troubleshooting and basic networking knowledge
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with an emphasis on attention to detail
- Must be highly motivated and action oriented
- Must have strong project and time management capabilities within a fast paced, high productivity environment
- Able to work and communicate within a team structure while able to work independently with minimal supervision