The Warehouse Associate is responsible for daily customer order fulfillment activities within an assigned area(s) of a distribution facility. This position is responsible for demonstrating safety and operational expertise within a quality and productivity driven environment. This position will be required to proficiently perform at least one or more distribution-related activities (e.g. order filling, shipping, receiving) on a regular basis.
1.Perform one or more distribution-related functions that allow, as the business requires, assignment across various functions such as checking, picking, packing, replenishment, bin/bulk order fill, bin/bulk stocking, shipping, receiving/returns, sorting, or loading (as applicable to operation). Assignment to other functional tasks may be done on a daily or less than daily basis.
2.May, on occasion, operate a pallet jack to move product around
3.Contribute to a safe work environment through continuous focus on housekeeping and safety.
4.Demonstrate a commitment to our company's core values.
5.Interact with supervisors, leads, and/or work groups with information exchanges related to immediate tasks.
6.Participate in the implementation and contribute ideas and suggestions for continuous improvements to the distribution process in a group setting.
7.Work in a fast-paced, metric-driven environment.
* High school diploma or equivalent education preferred
* Basic ability to communicate, both verbally and in writing, using the English language
* Basic math skills (counting, addition, subtraction, multiplication)
* Basic computer skills (accessing and navigating the internet; familiar with the keyboard; opening, closing and saving documents)
* Ability to lift a minimum of 70 pounds regularly, up to 150 pounds infrequently
* Ability to push, pull, grasp, and fine manipulation of equipment using hands is ongoing throughout the work hours
* Walking on uneven surfaces possible, though infrequently
* Basic level experience with Microsoft Word and Excel
* Ability to work a flexible schedule is a plus (start shift early and/or stay until the work is complete)
* Exhibited good job performance and behavior as measured through indicators such as teamwork, attendance, quality and productivity, etc.
* One (1) year previous related experience preferred
Office Depot offers competitive salaries, a benefits package, which includes a 401(k) and more, along with plenty of opportunity to move and grow within our organization! For immediate consideration for this exciting position, please click the Apply Now button.