Join our team and experience Workday!
It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they're doing. At Workday, we're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business of enterprise applications. We work hard, and we're serious about what we do. But we like to have a good time, too. In fact, we run our company with that principle in mind every day: One of our core values is fun.Job Description
Workday's new office in Boulder, Colorado is home to the team that is delivering our next generation of collaborative tools and features. From Worksheets (a real-time collaborative spreadsheet tool that allows users to seamlessly bring together, manipulate, and share Workday data) to W:Drive (a warehouse of easily stored and shared content), the Workday team in Boulder is changing the way enterprises collaborate. About Workday Boulder's Web Team:
We collaborate regularly and continually look for ways to work better together. We develop with modern languages, frameworks, and tools. We think about clean code and automated testing all the time. We take walks, eat lunches together, and play games to give our brains a break. We're always getting better.Some of the reasons our engineers love the web team:
- No tech ruts: Expand your role. We work across all areas of the user interface to improve the product as a whole and share the knowledge we have acquired across the team.
- A Learning Environment: Our experiment-rich culture has us evolving our methodology and tools regularly. We encourage developers to attend and present at meetups and other tech gatherings.
- Collaboration: Our team works closely together in agile style, enabling us to learn from each other rather than getting trapped in silos. Much of our production code is written in pairs, and every commit has at least two pairs of eyes before being merged.
- Influence: Every developer is encouraged and empowered to make things better - the product, the technology, the processes, and the culture.
- Location: With a thriving tech scene, 300 days of sunshine, 300 miles of dedicated bikeways, and an almost embarrassing abundance of outdoor adventure opportunities, Boulder is an amazing place to live.
- Work/life balance: We take this one seriously, and work hard to make the pace sustainable.
- You have talent and enthusiasm for creating usable, scalable, well-tested software. You want to work in a highly collaborative, agile environment. You love learning new technologies, languages, tools, and frameworks. You can answer "yes" to some of the following statements:
- You see software development as a team sport, and thrive in a highly collaborative, agile culture where you're always learning and teaching
- You understand the value of automated tests at all levels of the testing pyramid
- You prefer to build tooling to automate repetitive tasks
- You have experience working with CSS, or even better, Less or SASS
- You are familiar with bidirectional client-to-server communication using something like WebSockets
Workday is a leading provider of enterprise cloud applications for finance and human resources. Founded in 2005, Workday delivers financial management, human capital management, and analytics applications designed for the world's largest companies, educational institutions, and government agencies. Organizations ranging from medium-sized businesses to Fortune 50 enterprises have selected Workday.
Workday is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. Individuals seeking employment at Workday are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation. Further, pursuant to applicable local ordinances, Workday will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We do not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us.
A little about us:
Workday is a leading provider of enterprise cloud applications for finance and human resources. Founded in 2005, Workday delivers financial management, human capital management, and analytics applications designed for the world’s largest companies, educational institutions, and government agencies. Organizations ranging from medium-sized businesses to Fortune 50 enterprises have selected Workday.