Why Work at Dell?
Endless challenges and rewards. Opportunities on six continents. A team of colleagues fueled by collaboration. All this, and a company deeply committed to integrity and responsibility. GSAP Associate Customer Service Engineer I
At Dell, we are committed to bringing innovation to people everywhere and organizations of all shapes and sizes so they can transform and thrive in the digital economy.
As the Associate Customer Service Engineer with Dell, your primary responsibility will be to visit customer sites to perform break-fix operations and assure customer satisfaction through prompt case closure and customer communicationYou will also be responsible for the following:
The Global Services Associate Program (GSAP) hires candidates locally and trains them centrally. As an Associate Customer Service Engineer (ACSE I), you are developed through a structured program that combines intensive training and on-the-job mentored experience. This intensive role based-training includes
- An introduction to the storage industry, best practices and methodologies and the Dell way of doing business.
- Hands-on work with Dell products and platforms, operating systems and storage infrastructure tools.
- The opportunity to gain technical certifications, both Dell and industry-wide
After Boot Camp, you will transition into the call center and begin working in your full time role directly impacting Dell's Total Customer Experience. Your principal duty will be to
What you can learn:
- Learn, understand and begin routinely performing the following customer engineering responsibilities: Installation and servicing Dell hardware & software under the guidance of an assigned mentor
- Learn the basics of an install cycle: Performance of pro-active maintenance according to established procedures, adherence to proper escalation procedures and keys to success
- Perform part replacements as directed by the technical support lab. This includes the timely and accurate submission of all associated documentation, part return within 24 hours of the event
- Close all cases at the completion of an event
- Assure complete customer satisfaction at the assigned accounts by adherence to the following: Prompt onsite arrival time, technical expertise, knowledge of customer environment, professionalism, and periodic visits as needed
- Lift up to 30 lbs. when necessary
- Travel, be on call at select times, work OT hours and have a reliable automobile to arrive at customer locations
You are our candidate if:
- How one of the world's largest technology companies serves its customers through timely communication and best in class service
- How to be a productive team member on a virtual, globally dispersed team that is leading and influencing all aspects of our candidate experience and employment brand worldwide.
- How to lead through influence.
- You have an Associates or Bachelor's Degree in a technical discipline and up to 2 years of relevant work experience.
- You understand the importance of a strong sense of urgency, communicating effectively and having a keen attention to detail.
- You love working with others and solving problems. Innovation is intriguing to you and you do all things with high integrity.
- You like to have fun and approach your work with passion and enthusiasm.
- You understand the importance of doing things for the greater good and you are inclusive and approachable to those around you.
Dell is a collective of customer-obsessed, industry-leading visionaries. At our core is a commitment to diversity, sustainability and our communities. We offer unparalleled growth and development opportunities for our team members. We believe that technology is essential for driving human progress, and we're committed to providing that technology to people and organizations everywhere, so they can transform the way they work and live.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Life at Dell
Job Family: Product Services
Job ID: R18347