Association Affinity Print Production Manager DESCRIPTION:
This role is responsible for the direct mail marketing production operation for a large and established client and various new business opportunities. Key functions include leading all production activities, including creative requirements, manufacturing, inventory control and execution of campaign procedures. Also, directing the overall workflow process and controlling campaign expenses within the allotted budgets. Marketing plans must be executed efficiently and cost effectively through all phases of the operation, while meeting all scheduled mail dates. RESPONSIBILITIES: Production/Operation Management:
- Manages the printing, personalization and lettershop functions for approximately 100 annual direct mail campaigns annually. Utilize the DCM platform for the day-to-day workflow process and operations and troubleshoot any unforeseen issues as required. Once the annual Marketing Plan strategy has been developed and approved by all necessary parties, it is the primary role of this position to manage and execute all campaigns. This must be accomplished through effective communication and direction of both internal personnel and external vendors through all phases of the campaign to meet every deadline.
Printing & Lettershop Management:
- Based on campaign results, Marketing determines testing criteria for up and coming campaigns. Implement new creative kit strategies and execute tests accurately and on time. Develop cost effective formats for testing and potential rollout requirements. Thoroughly proofread and copy edit kits as required. Manage the Master Template library and incorporate all required corporate compliance updates and requirements into the Marketing creatives.
To ensure all aspects of the Marketing campaigns are as failsafe as possible, these operations need constant monitoring and close attention. Collaboration with our procurement liaison and Corporate Procurement is essential for receiving the most competitive contract rates. All campaign expenses must be tracked closely to ensure that they are in line with our annual Marketing budget. Also, responsible for printing accuracy of all materials and monitor quality control issues through all aspects of manufacturing and lettershop processes. Postal Requirements/Management:
- Monitor all campaign postal expenses for each client as various types of mail distribution are used correctly. Participate in various postal seminars, webinars, etc., to maintain current and future postal regulations and rate increases. Monitor postal system alerts for seasonal weather issues and alert client and parties of disruptions; monitor mail tracking system for delivery of each mailing or delays.
Behaviors at the Hartford
- 5 years' experience in relevant direct mail production, graphic arts or Marketing production discipline.
- Strong lettershop and print purchasing knowledge.
- Direct mail marketing campaign execution experience required.
- BA/BS required.
- Must be very organized, proactive, strong problem solver, and have great attention to detail.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity or Expression ** NO AGENCIES PLEASE **
- Deliver Outcomes - Demonstrate a bias for speed and execution that serves our shareholders and customers.
- Operate as a Team Player - Work together to drive solutions for the good of The Hartford.
- Build Strong Partnerships - Demonstrate integrity and build trust with others.
- Strive for Excellence - Motivate yourself and others to achieve high standards and continuously improve.
A little about us:
HIRING VETERANS IS A PRIORITY FOR THE HARTFORD