Ocala Health encompasses Ocala Regional Medical Center, currently a 222-bed facility located in the heart of Ocala, and West Marion Community Hospital , a 94-bed hospital located in West Marion County. The hospitals offer a host of other quality and award winning services including bariatric surgery , orthopedic care and joint replacement , robotic surgery , cardiac and vascular services including open heart surgery and interventional procedures, emergency , neurological and rehabilitation services. Ocala Regional Medical Center is also a Level II Trauma Center . Ocala Health's outpatient facilities include Family Care Specialists, a primary care network of seven locations throughout Marion County; Advanced Imaging Centers with two locations; a freestanding Wound and Hyperbaric Center ; a Senior Wellness Community Center ; and four surgical and physician specialty practices.
- Assists the Controller in generation of routine daily, weekly and monthly financial reports, as well as those requested on an ad hoc basis. Reports are extracted from a multitude of source systems. Must be able to present to a variety of audiences in both written and oral presentations.
- Prepares Journal Entries and Performs monthly reconciliations of general ledger accounts to ensure the integrity of financial statement reporting and full SOX and Internal Control Compliance.
- Understands the flow of transactions and reporting mechanisms for revenue and expense recognition, as well as maintaining the integrity of the balance sheet.
- Responsible for Month End Closing Procedures for multiple coids to include AP, AR, Contractuals, intercompany, taxes, and accruals.
- Assists the controller and staff with development of annual budgets, tax reporting, cost reports, and other reporting required from the department.
- Assists the controller in preparation of work papers for both internal and external auditors, to include research of any outstanding items, and compliance with HCA principles and practices.
- Supervision and management of the accounts payable staff routinely and oversight of all accounting staff when Controller is away. Serves as a mentor to all staff.
- Demonstrates strong knowledge of GAAP, Internal Controls, and Ethics and Compliance.
- Routinely demonstrates the ability to prioritize tasks, multi-task, and assist others when necessary
- Exhibits a strong knowledge of computer skills in utilization, effective use and efficiency, to include Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Business Objects, Essbase, Host, and others as appropriate to assigned tasks
- Displays positive and effective oral and written skills, customer service, confidentiality, organization and leadership skills
- Performs other related duties as needed or assigned by Controller and Administrative staff
- Organized, self-motivated professional with excellent knowledge of GAAP and SOX.
- 3-5 years of experience in fast paced accounting environment with hands on experience in month end & year end close, audits, analytics, financial statement preparation, as well as AP, AR, payroll and Balance sheet reconciliations.
- Must be a strong Excel User and proficient in Word, Power Point, and Exchange, as well as ability to adapt to multiple accounting related software packages
- Strong, analytical and reconciling skills.
- Ability to multi task in a fast paced environment
Excellent written and verbal communication skills, customer service, and leadership skills.Qualifications: Education:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or related field
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom