Ocala Health encompasses Ocala Regional Medical Center, currently a 222-bed facility located in the heart of Ocala, and West Marion Community Hospital , a 94-bed hospital located in West Marion County. The hospitals offer a host of other quality and award winning services including bariatric surgery , orthopedic care and joint replacement , robotic surgery , cardiac and vascular services including open heart surgery and interventional procedures, emergency , neurological and rehabilitation services. Ocala Regional Medical Center is also a Level II Trauma Center . Ocala Health's outpatient facilities include Family Care Specialists, a primary care network of seven locations throughout Marion County; Advanced Imaging Centers with two locations; a freestanding Wound and Hyperbaric Center ; a Senior Wellness Community Center ; and four surgical and physician specialty practices.
- Assists the Controller in generation of routine daily, weekly and monthly financial reports, as well as those requested on an ad hoc basis. Reports are extracted from a multitude of source systems. Must be able to present to a variety of audiences in both written and oral presentations.
- Prepares Journal Entries and Performs monthly reconciliations of general ledger accounts to ensure the integrity of financial statement reporting and full SOX and Internal Control Compliance.
- Understands the flow of transactions and reporting mechanisms for revenue and expense recognition, as well as maintaining the integrity of the balance sheet.
- Responsible for Month End Closing Procedures for multiple coids to include AP, AR, Contractuals, intercompany, taxes, and accruals.
- Assists the controller and staff with development of annual budgets, tax reporting, cost reports, and other reporting required from the department.
- Assists the controller in preparation of work papers for both internal and external auditors, to include research of any outstanding items, and compliance with HCA principles and practices.
- Supervision and management of the accounts payable staff routinely and oversight of all accounting staff when Controller is away. Serves as a mentor to all staff.
- Demonstrates strong knowledge of GAAP, Internal Controls, and Ethics and Compliance.
- Routinely demonstrates the ability to prioritize tasks, multi-task, and assist others when necessary
- Exhibits a strong knowledge of computer skills in utilization, effective use and efficiency, to include Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Business Objects, Essbase, Host, and others as appropriate to assigned tasks
- Displays positive and effective oral and written skills, customer service, confidentiality, organization and leadership skills
- Performs other related duties as needed or assigned by Controller and Administrative staff
- Organized, self-motivated professional with excellent knowledge of GAAP and SOX.
- 3-5 years of experience in fast paced accounting environment with hands on experience in month end & year end close, audits, analytics, financial statement preparation, as well as AP, AR, payroll and Balance sheet reconciliations.
- Must be a strong Excel User and proficient in Word, Power Point, and Exchange, as well as ability to adapt to multiple accounting related software packages
- Strong, analytical and reconciling skills.
- Ability to multi task in a fast paced environment
Excellent written and verbal communication skills, customer service, and leadership skills.Qualifications: Education:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or related field