Assistant Manager, Travel & Expense (T&E)
When you join Gartner, you’ll be part of a fast-growing team that helps the world become smarter and more connected. We’re the leader in our industry, achieving double-digit growth by helping clients make the right decisions with business and technology insights they can’t find anywhere else. Our associates enjoy a collaborative work environment, exceptional training and career development — as well as unlimited growth potential. If you like working with a generous, supportive, high-performing team, Gartner is where you want to be.
About this role:
Responsible for managing a team of global T&E specialists and overseeing the administration of Gartner’s global corporate credit card and purchasing card programs including T&E reimbursement process. Manage projects that improve processes and/or systems. What you’ll do:
- Manage the administration of the global corporate and purchasing card programs including driving global best practice and consistency projects; managing the relationship with the card vendor; resolving escalated issues arising within the program; staying abreast of global program changes; and monitoring and improving KPI’s in area of responsibility
- Provide daily support to direct reports including supporting a remote team in India.
- Collaborate with global finance contacts to provide T&E support as needed
- Expand the team’s global span of control on T&E/card related processes as necessary
- Drive and support continuous improvement and scalable processes by supporting management initiatives and developing & documenting new processes
- Increase associate understanding and satisfaction on Global T&E policy and procedures
- Understand global T&E processes and how they relate and impact other finance processes.
- Lead global consistency and process improvement projects.
- Work collaboratively with other Finance members to create accurate and efficient processes
- Serve as backup for a variety of duties/functions on the Global T&E team
- Complete special projects and other responsibilities as assigned
JB10120 Job Requirements: What you’ll need:
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance/Business area.
- 5+ years of experience working in global corporate card management, travel & expense, finance or similar business function.
- Must have a strong, can-do, no limits, “Winner” mindset
- Willingness to learn new skills and take direction
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook. Ability to learn new tools quickly
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; ability to communicate with a diverse audience at various levels while considering cultural differences
- Excellent customer service and listening skills
- Strong initiative and willingness to take on projects in a proactive manner
- Ability to adapt to a constantly changing environment
- Excellent ability to understand business processes and identify areas of improvement
- Strong collaborator/team player
What we offer:
- Motivated, high-potential performer, with demonstrated ability to influence and lead
- Strong communicator with excellent interpersonal skills
- Able to solve complex problems and successfully manage ambiguity and unexpected change
- Teachable and embracing of best practices and feedback as a means of continuous improvement
- Consistently high achiever marked by perseverance, humility and a positive outlook in the face of challenges
In addition to an outstanding work environment with rapid advancement potential, Gartner associates enjoy exceptional compensation and benefits, including:
- An upbeat, positive culture. Integrity, objectivity, collaboration, results and a no-limits mindset are central to our values
- Limitless growth. We work with you to help you meet your goals and advance within the company
- Encouragement to be innovative and challenge status quo
- Exposure to industry leading training and development
- Performance based recognition and rewards
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world’s leading research and advisory company. The company helps business leaders across all major functions in every industry and enterprise size with the objective insights they need to make the right decisions. Gartner’s comprehensive suite of services delivers strategic advice and proven best practices to help clients succeed in their mission-critical priorities. Gartner is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, USA, and has more than 13,000 associates serving clients in 11,000 enterprises in 100 countries. For more information, visit gartner.com
Job ID 00016397