RSM is currently seeking an experienced Audit Partner with an entrepreneurial mindset to join our Austin office. You will help lead and manage our growth, identify and seize new business opportunities, supervise staff and work closely with other Partners and clients. Successful candidates will have experience as an Audit Partner and have deep meaningful relationships within the Austin business community and a proven track record of developing new business in and around Austin.
Overview of the position:
The Audit Partner will focus on and drive the Commercial service offering within the Austin marketplace.
Capabilities and expectations include:
- Business development, primarily in middle market core audit, tax, and consulting service lines
- Partner role on assurance clients
- Actively participate in people development
- Maintaining operational excellence (billing, collections, personnel management,
scheduling, and related administrative responsibilities)
- Continuing our history of profitable growth in the Audit Practice
- Assist in building, developing, and managing a book of business to meet goals and objectives
- Use professional network and existing relationships to actively develop new business for the audit team as well as extend opportunities to other lines of business within the firm
- Collaborate and represent the firm to clients and prospects within the Austin market
- Work across regions as a collaborator and leaders within the Audit function
- Substantial responsibility in overseeing client service delivery of solutions for Audit clients and will collaborate to introduce other service offerings.
- Assist in developing business plans, leading and developing assurance personnel in their interactions with clients in the marketplace
- Develop and execute the Firm strategy aligned with regional and national expectations to drive growth for the Firm
- Support the firm Audit Services line of business as needed which may include
concurring or other technical involvement on firm audit clients
- He/ she will demonstrate exceptional leadership skills and proven success in managing and motivating teams
- 12 + years experience in public accounting
- Big Four or similar national or regional leadership experience preferred
- Technical proficiency in financial statement audits of dynamic middle market companies that engage in complex transactions including: mergers and acquisitions, complex equity structures, complex debt structures, etc.
- Experience in any of the following areas; consumer or industrial products, technology, manufacturing wholesale distribution, healthcare and private equity groups
- Excellent client service and organizational management skills
- Proven success and track record in building, developing, growing and sustaining client relationships
A little about us:
The leading provider of audit, tax & consulting services focused on the middle market.