Ethicon Inc., a member of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, is recruiting for an ASW Operator (1 of 2) to be located in San Angelo, Texas.
The Global Surgery Group is comprised of the following businesses within Johnson & Johnson: Ethicon Surgical Care, Ethicon Energy, Ethicon Biosurgery, Acclarent, Biosense Webster, Cordis, Mentor and Sterilmed. With annual sales of $11 billion, the Global Surgery Group is the world’s largest, most innovative surgical company. The strength of the Global Surgery Group is illustrated by the fact that more than 80% of our sales come from businesses with #1 or #2 global market share positions. We serve customers around the world, with about 60% of our sales generated outside the U.S., including a fast-growing presence in emerging markets. The Global Surgery Group is committed to innovation, with about 30% of our sales coming from products introduced in the past five years.
The ASW is responsible for:
• Responsible for processing VICRYL and VICRYL PLUS and possibly other products through the auto swaging and winding department.
• Focusing on ensuring maximum OEE (Overall Equipment Effectiveness) combing the factors of performance, quality and availability, efficiency from machine production, ensuring maximum machine utilization, and ensuring minimum departmental non-productive time.
• Daily, weekly, and/or monthly reporting of all department operations thru the DTT report.
• Associates are held accountable for production efficiencies, strict compliance with process specifications, and Company standards of behavior.
• Comprehending English language
• Process specifications
• Computer functions as required
• Measure of actual productivity vs. the optimum ability of the machine, taking into account machine capacity, rejects, downtime and production rates
• Targeting any one of these three key areas for improvement, Availability, Performance or Quality
• Follow all aspects of 5 S
• Continued waste reduction improvements for ASW
• Read, interpret, and follow work instructions and training materials.
• Individual must be a self-starter having demonstrated creativity, assertiveness, and leadership.
• Proven ability to independently recognize and solve problems.
• Pass and maintain training and certification examinations as required.
• Assess and input data into shop floor systems.
• Accurate record keeping via computer management systems by in putting and retrieving data for production and maintenance.
• Charting, and interpreting SPC information and operational data.
• Strong Interpersonal Skills:
• Ability to work and communicate well with others
• Ability to give and understand instructions, both verbal and written.
• Must be willing to work with a team concept.
• Must be willing to accept change and additional responsibilities and training associated with change.
• Demonstrate a mechanical/technical aptitude
• Provide limited mechanical and electrical support for machines to include minor adjustments and trouble shooting.
• Make adjustments, based on information generated by the Vision system, to machine through computer terminal.
• Does any other work of a related nature and performs other work related duties as assigned.
• Follow current compliance regulations and standards.
• Works in accordance with ISO 14001 principles and environmental regulatory compliance requirements. Works in accordance with Ethicon environmental policies and procedures.
• Must have good work habits (neatness, organizational skills, time management skills, etc.).
• Assist in Operator Deep Cleaning General Activities for CME and ASW on Daily, Weekly and Monthly basis.
• Satisfactory completion of annual certified production operator assessment.
• Attend required Safety & Environmental Training
• Satisfactory completion of Compliance Wire assignments.
• One Point lessons assigned for ASW
• Completion of Standardized Job Training of the Element Tree for the ASW
• High school diploma, GED, or equivalent required.
• Experience in a manufacturing environment required.
• Perform duties in a timely manner with little or no direction.
• Demonstrate the ability to set up equipment to specifications.
• Provide directions and training to other lower level ASW operators.
• Ability to perform difficult work when only general to limited instructions are available.
• Associate must maintain an acceptable level of attendance and be able to support a continuous run manufacturing operation (24/7). Standard schedule is 12-hour shifts in a four on, four off rotation(630pm – 630am). Schedule will also include some weekends and holidays.
• Ability to obtain a passing score on a WorkKeys assessment.Primary Location
United States-Texas-San AngeloOrganization
Ethicon Inc. (6045)Job Function