Adecco Creative & Marketing is assisting ANN INC in their search for an Ann Taylor Factory Design Development Assistant! This role is ongoing freelance (40 hours/week) and is located in NYC.
The Design Development assistant acts as a liaison between the design, merchandising and product development teams while supporting the Designers with seasonal development. The assistant will be responsible for ensuring that the Designer¿s aesthetic design, color inspiration, print direction and trims are translated into production ready standards. Supports the Product Life Cycle (PLC) to ensure the product integrity standards, quality, on time delivery and best business practices are achieved. Demonstrates a passion for the business and champions the company's values by maintaining effective collaborative relationships.
Design Development Responsibilities/Accountabilities:
- Partners with Director in researching/identifying seasonal fashion direction and merchandise trends
- Responsible for creating and presenting seasonal trend analysis and trend boards
- Shop the market for inspiration/new development bodies
- Work with Director to set up initial seasonal color palettes and final color cards
- Collaborate with the Director to develop focused and cohesive prints within the collection
- Co-ordinate/follow-up with outside studios on the development and styling of prints
- Partners closely with their merchant teams to build the collection from styling, print, detail, fabric, trim and fit perspective
- Responsible for flat sketching all new development styles
- Responsible for maintaining and updating color palettes throughout the season and responsible for communicating changes to merchants and product development teams
- Research/order color standards from the market
- Accountable for print development packages, including cad/discs/technical/technique requirement
- Responsible for developing all design trims for relevant styles in their specific departments of responsibility
- Responsible for communication with vendors and the production team in development and price negotiations of trims
- Accountable for communicating all approvals, corrections, updates and changes post line review
- Receive and make comments/approvals on trims in a timely manner for bulk orders
- Accountable for making timely approvals on strike-offs, embroideries and yarn dyes
- Responsible for updates on all style sheets with necessary design information
- Adhere to PLC calendar and deadlines
- Organize and maintain print archives
- Bachelors Degree in a related field of study preferred, and a minimum 3-4 years experience.
- Experience with prints, color matching and creation of colorways.
- Must possess a brand appropriate design aesthetic and the ability to translate the color and print into production ready standards.
- Excellent Communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and time management skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft excel, word, outlook, Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Ability to sketch- by hand or computer
- Ability to work in a collaborative team oriented environment.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
A little about us:
We partner with people to improve skills, teams and lives every day, and we help them achieve more than they ever thought possible.