Tomball Regional Medical Center - Tomball, Texas
Athletic Trainer - Fitness Center PRN
Since 1976, Tomball Regional Medical Center (TRMC) has provided quality healthcare to the communities we serve including emergency care, labor and delivery, a level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU), general surgery, cardiology, pulmonary medicine, acute inpatient rehabilitation, sports medicine, physical therapy, orthopedics, outpatient testing, wound care and many others. Our 150-acre campus and 350 bed hospital also features designated specialty centers: the Heart Center, the Tomball Regional Medical Center Wound and Hyperbaric Center, and Texas Sports Medicine Center.
Tomball Regional Medical Center is currently looking for an Athletic Trainer for its Fitness Center. This is a PRN position.
To provide formal instruction in one-on-one and organized group fitness classes for adolescent, adult, and geriatric members of the Texas Sports Medicine Center's Fitness/Recreation Program.
• To provide proper warm-up and stretching of all major muscle groups prior to beginning of dance aerobic portion of the class. Provide proper cool down techniques including but not limited to static, dynamic stretches for all major muscle groups at the end of the class.
• To provide rhythmic movement and repetition in order to raise and maintain proper and safe heart rate to achieve safe target heart rate zone for adolescent, adults, and geriatric members.
• To provide proper and appropriate age specific strength techniques individually and in group settings.
• Evaluates the compliance and progress of members who participate in their classes
• Maintain certifications and participate in continuing education classes.
• Maintain cleanliness of aerobics room, maintain and upkeep equipment, remove hazardous or faulty equipment and report it to Fitness/Recreation Assistant or Coordinator or Director.
• Attends Departmental meetings and Hospital Town Halls to remain informed on the issues and positively contribute to the direction of the hospital. Will maintain a 25% attendance rate at these meetings.
• Associates Degree preferred
• Bachelor's degree in Kinesiology, Exercise/Sports Science or other related health/medical field.
• Current American Heart Association Basic Life Support/CPR Certification.
• Certification(s) from an organization recognized by the National Board of Fitness Examiners (NBFE) or National Commission for Certifying Agencies (NCCA). Any Les Mills Certifications. Aerobics and Fitness Association of America (AFAA). Any yoga certification Himalayan Institute, American Council on exercise (ACE), National Exercise Trainers Association (NETA), National Posture Institute (NPI), Yoga Fit Training Systems, Inc., American Sports and Fitness Association, (ASFA). Zumba Certification. Certified as a Personal Trainer by the American College of Sports Medicine or other certifying agency. Special certifications such as Tai Chi also included with experience or background in this area of instruction recognized, certification preferred. Other certifications or areas of instruction could be included.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom