We are Farmers!
Do you want to be a trial attorney? Our Rancho Cordova office seeks to hire an attorney with 0-5 years of experience, a good academic record and the desire to handle your own cases and win jury trials. Includes qualified candidates waiting for bar results. No billable hours are required! Benefits include a company car, health insurance, a 401K plan (with 6% company match). Stratman, Patterson, Hunter & Weisner are staff counsel for Farmers Insurance Exchange & affiliates.
We offer talented attorneys a unique opportunity to experience the true practice of law in a fast-paced and performance-driven environment. At Farmers, we employ over 500 attorneys -- our legal practice and resources are equal to that of America’s largest firms offering you a challenging and rewarding trial-focused culture.
Join a team of diverse professionals at Farmers to acquire skills on the job and apply your learned knowledge to future roles at Farmers. Farmers Insurance also offers extensive training opportunities through the award winning University of Farmers named by Training magazine amongst top 10 corporate training units in the world. Start your career at Farmers today! Job Summary
Responsible for the competent, ethical, and diligent representation of clients in all cases assigned by supervisor. Cases can involve all areas of tort practice. Responsible for handling matters of low to moderate complexity and/or exposure, and may assist in the handling of cases assigned to other attorneys. Essential Job Functions
- Handles cases from answer to trial involving mild to moderate injuries and/or damages including preparation of pleadings, motions, discovery, and briefs, attendance at hearings, conferences, interviews and trials or arbitrations, and performance of any other tasks or duties necessary for the proper representation of clients.
- May also assist other attorneys in cases of greater complexity and/or exposure with pretrial and trial.
- Keeps supervisor informed of the work being done for clients and of any and all problems encountered.
- Maintains and updates computerized litigation support systems for assigned caseloads.
- Performs other tasks or duties as assigned by supervisor.
Besides sedentary work, job duties require some or all of the following physical activities: Carrying and lifting up to 25 pounds, hearing, seeing, standing and walking (including up and down stairs and steps). Physical Environment
Required job duties are normally performed in a climate-controlled office environment, with some exposure to uncontrolled outside environmental conditions and travel via automobile and/or commercial transportation. Education Requirements
Four-year college degree, law school degree, and member in good standing of the State Bar in the state in which position is located. Experience Requirements
None required. Special Skill Requirement
Public speaking, ability to function and handle high case loads in adversarial or confrontational situations, driving. An Equal Opportunity Employer