We are Farmers!
Join a team of diverse professionals at Farmers to acquire skills on the job and apply your learned knowledge to future roles at Farmers. Farmers Insurance also offers extensive training opportunities through the award winning University of Farmers named by Training magazine amongst top 10 corporate training units in the world. Start your career at Farmers today!
Responsible for the competent, ethical, and diligent representation of clients in all cases assigned by supervisor. Cases can involve all areas of tort practice. Responsible for handling matters of low to moderate complexity and/or exposure, and may assist in the handling of cases assigned to other attorneys.
This position is on our subrogation team and involves assisting with recovering money for the company.
Essential Job Functions
- Handles cases with few unique legal or procedural issues involving mild to moderate injuries and/or damages including preparation of pleadings, motions, discovery, and briefs, attendance at hearings, conferences, interviews and trials or arbitrations, and performance of any other tasks or duties necessary for the proper representation of clients.
- May also assist other attorneys in cases of greater complexity and/or exposure.
- Keeps supervisor informed of the work being done for clients and of any and all problems encountered.
- Maintains and updates computerized litigation support systems for assigned caseloads.
- Consults with and renders opinions to the Claims Department regarding insurance policy questions concerning the legal aspects of the handling of personal injury claims.
- Performs other tasks or duties as assigned by supervisor.
Besides sedentary work, job duties require some or all of the following physical activities: Carrying and lifting up to 25 pounds, hearing, seeing, standing and walking (including up and down stairs and steps).
Required job duties are normally performed in a climate-controlled office environment, with some exposure to uncontrolled outside environmental conditions and travel via automobile and/or commercial transportation.
Four-year college degree, law school degree, and member in good standing of the State Bar in the state in which position is located.