The LinkedIn Learning Solutions Content Team is looking for an Audio Engineer to be responsible for supporting the production of LinkedIn Learning video training courses by ensuring the quality and integrity of the audio and video capture meets our standards. Reporting to the Manager of Audio Engineering, the Audio Engineer sets up audio gear for recording sessions, reviews recorded movies for audio integrity and quality, and provides ongoing support to the production team as required throughout the entire production process.
LinkedIn was built to help professionals achieve more in their careers, and every day millions of people use our products to make connections, discover opportunities and gain insights. Our global reach means we get to make a direct impact on the world s workforce in ways no other company can. We re much more than a digital resume - we transform lives through innovative products and technology.
Searching for your dream job? At LinkedIn, we strive to help our employees find passion and purpose. Join us in changing the way the world works. Primary Responsibilities:
- Set up for voice-over recording and recording of computer system sounds, and ensure the audio meets LinkedIn Learning quality standards, including video training content recorded at our on-site recording facilities, remote recording facilities, and home recording setups.
- Work with the Audio Team, IT, and Training Producers throughout the recording process: review raw footage, coach authors, troubleshoot problems, and identify areas that require attention.
- Set up, troubleshoot, and consult with our Live Action Directors when recording audio in our live action studios and on location; document notes and instruction for use in post production.
- Work with Editors to troubleshoot sound interference that may have occurred during recording and process audio as required.
- Communicate clearly with the post production teams to ensure successful handoffs throughout the post production process.
- Work with our authors during offsite recording from home or from remote locations as required.
- Maintain recording studio inventory and equipment, including general studio appearance and functionality.
- Continually review and make recommendations about how to improve all aspects of the recording and production process, specifically the audio and video capture process, including portable sound isolation booths, microphones, preamps, compressors, mixers, and audio interfaces.
- Proactively research new products, technology, and industry trends.
- Travel as required to remote recording locations to assist with booth and audio equipment setup to yield the best possible audio quality.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned.
- 2+ years of experience editing and mixing dialogue
- 2+ years of experience with on-set and/or studio recordings
- Professional experience using Pro Tools and sound restoration programs such as iZotope RX 5
- Bachelor s degree in Sound Engineering or similar field
- Experience working with and setting up audio gear and troubleshooting issues
- Experience recording, editing, and processing of a wide variety of audio recordings
- Experience working with basic I/O file management via network and FTP
- Experience working with screen capture software (Screenflick, Screenflow, Snapz, and Camtasia)
- Avid Certified Pro Tools Operator (Post)
- Experience working with Adobe Premiere and OMF/AAF workflows
- Exceptional problem-solving skills, including the ability to quickly understand, identify, and effectively communicate solutions
- Proven ability to communicate clearly, both verbally and written, and provide exceptional customer service and support to team members
- Knowledge of leading video file formats for the web
A little about us:
LinkedIn's vision is to create economic opportunity for every member of the global workforce. Our employee talent is our #1 operating priority.