Audio Software Engineer
Location: Redmond, Washington
Posted: September 26, 2017
Reference ID: 1071823
Audio Software Engineer - 343 Industries (Halo)
343 Industries, the developer of the Halo series of games, is looking for a talented Audio Software Engineer to join our team working on the next Halo experience.
As an Audio Software Engineer you will work on all aspects of the audio engine, from high-level systems that control audio for weapons, vehicles, music, the environment, low-level systems such as resource management and streaming, tools, pipeline and much more. You will improve and expand the audio engines feature set and tools, enabling the audio designers to create brand new Halo audio experiences for the player and focus on creating amazing game audio.
• Work with the audio team to implement new features and improve existing audio systems.
• Work closely with the audio design team to improve our audio tools and workflows.
• Work with other engineers to interface audio systems to other game systems.
• Design, document, implement systems and test plans to achieve the team’s vision.
• Maintain and expand our audio technology to enable our designers to create world class game audio.
• 3+ years as an Audio/Sound Engineer.
• Fluent in C++, strong C# skills.
• BS/BEng in Math, CS or equivalent.
• Experience with audio middleware (preferably Wwise) and/or other low-level audio APIs (e.g. XAudio2).
• Experience working with large complex codebases.
• Experience creating interactive audio software.
• Experience creating tools and working with asset pipelines.
• Technical knowledge of the principles of sound and audio manipulation.
• Lua, Python.
• 3D Math.
• Knowledge and/or experience of audio DSP technology or audio synthesis.