The Audit & Tax Technical Support Analyst is responsible for installation, configuration, upgrades, as well as provide 1st & 2nd level end user and technical support for widely used audit application platforms. Assist/support project teams and end users with basic design and deployment tasks to help ensure the application platform meets defined business requirements. Work closely with application vendors and/or third party support partners to maintain applications and improve the value delivered. Accountable for meeting established service level agreements and managing application governance process and procedures. Provides mentoring and training to other IS Staff. Availability for application support during non-business hours may be required, especially during busy season.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Provide advanced technical expertise to project teams, business owners, and end users for advanced service and support requests with minimal supervision as it relates to audit and tax applications.
- Accurately and efficiently document and track support incidents through resolution according to established procedures and service level agreements.
- Monitor open issues and ensure timely and effective closure consistent with SLA's and appropriate level of communication with end users and other IS staff.
- Assess problems and develop permanent solutions to high volume or high risk issues.
- Performs system administration for the audit and tax applications. Coordinates with team and other IS groups of appropriate upgrades and patches as required. Troubleshoot, research, and collaborate with vendors and other IS groups to resolve complex technical issues.
- Supports and documents Knowledge Centered Support (KCS) content for service desk and end users. Provide advanced support to other IS staff, research recurring issues when necessary, document common solutions, and perform required tasks related to KCS.
- Review incidents for proper documentation and management and provide feedback as needed. Assist CSS Specialists and Team Leads with resolving complex incidents. Act as escalation point for other CS staff. Ensure that standard procedures are accurately documented and consistently executed.
- Performs other duties as assigned and according to established policies and procedures including, but not limited to, maintaining standard documentation and remaining current with technical and organizational information as needed to provide expected level of client service and support.
- Knowledge of software and hardware technologies
- Demonstrates teamwork and collaboration within team and across to other IS groups.
- Ability to manage projects successfully to help deploy ongoing audit and tax applications
- Demonstrates proficiency in MS Windows/Office
- Technical understanding of Active Directory
- Demonstrates strong customer service and excellent communications skills in technical writing, training, and group presentations
- Flexibility to work additional hours when required (e.g.… busy season)
- A two-year degree in CIS/MIS or related field experience is required. BA/BS preferred. Customer service training/experience with relevant application certifications is highly desirable.
- Although not required, proficiency in CCH Axcess Tax and Thomas Reuters GoSystsms RS would be preferred.
- Familiarity with the Microsoft technology stack.
- Estimate an annual average of 10 to 15% overtime. Overtime will be required in order to meet critical deadlines and during busy season months.
- Ability to work remotely effectively across a geographically dispersed team
- Work is primarily sedentary in nature, no special demands are required.
Visit Crowecareers.com and find out what it's like to work with people who love what they do!
EOE Company Overview
Crowe Horwath LLP (www.crowehorwath.com) is one of the largest public accounting and consulting firms in the United States. Under its core purpose of “Building Value with Values®,” Crowe uses its deep industry expertise to provide audit services to public and private entities while also helping clients reach their goals with tax, advisory, risk and performance services. With a total of more than 3,000 personnel, Crowe and its subsidiaries have offices coast to coast. The firm is recognized by many organizations as one of the country's best places to work. Crowe serves clients worldwide as an independent member of Crowe Horwath International, one of the largest global accounting networks in the world, consisting of more than 150 independent accounting and advisory services firms in more than 100 countries around the world.
A little about us:
Crowe Horwath LLP is a public accounting, consulting and technology firm dedicated to connecting specialized knowledge with innovative technology to bring value to our clients.