We are looking for a self-motivated audit professional looking to build a challenging career supporting our US Business Group covering the Investment Management, Insurance, Annuities and Retirement businesses within Prudential’s Internal Audit Department.
The Ideal Candidate
Beyond having a basic understanding of financial, operational, information technology or compliance risk concepts – we are really looking for individuals who have experience in one or more of the typical businesses or markets found in a financial services firm (e.g., asset management, qualified and non-qualified retirement products, commercial mortgages, public and private fixed income, credit analysis, mutual funds and/or life insurance). If you have the ability to work in a diverse and multi-cultural environment and have a minimum of two years of auditing experience, we want to meet you!
You have experience with risk assessment, control analysis and audit methodology. Your written and oral communication skills are one of your key strengths. You demonstrate strong project management skills including the ability to manage multiple tasks and are highly effective at meeting deadlines. You effectively develop audit issues that address the root cause of control deficiencies identified during the course of an audit. You are looking to strengthen your critical thinking and communication skills and strive to continuously develop your business and technical acumen. You enjoy working in a team environment and are highly effective at managing your time and meeting deadlines.
What Will My Role at Prudential Look Like?
Prudential is a company of smart, ambitious professionals working together to create a better future for our customers and our communities around the globe. As one of the most recognizable financial services companies in the world, our employees are building on our 140-year history of financial strength with a focus on innovation and transformation to meet tomorrow’s most complicated challenges. We are committed to growth and development of every single employee, and we see our business success as a direct result of our talent.
The Internal Audit Department serves to protect the Company by improving the management of risks and the effectiveness of the control environment at the business, function and enterprise levels through valued independent assessments and advice on governance, risk and control. Our structure mirrors the business system which allows us to view risks vertically and horizontally – providing opportunities to generate value within and across our businesses and corporate functions.
As a Staff II Auditor, you will participate in multiple aspects of the audit engagement including planning, control analysis, testing, and issue development. You will be expected to engage in dialogue with members of the business unit and various control partners to identify and assess risks and controls and identify emerging risks. You will develop an external focus by establishing and maintaining business relationships with associates in our various US Businesses and would be expected to remain current on business developments, industry trends, emerging risks, and changes to the financial and regulatory environments in order to update annual and project based audit coverage as appropriate.
• A minimum of 1-3 years of audit experience. Big 4 accounting experience is a plus.
• Experience in one or more of the following areas: asset management, retirement (e.g. 401k 403b, IRA), commercial mortgages, real estate, public and private fixed income, credit analysis, investment valuation, life insurance, annuity products, broker/dealers or mutual funds, is a plus.
• Experience with risk assessment, control analysis and audit methodology.
• A basic understanding of financial, operational, information technology and/or compliance risk concepts.
• Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
• Ability to adapt to working in a diverse and multi-cultural environment.
• A Bachelor's Degree is required and an MBA is a plus.
• Accounting, Finance, Economics and/or Quantitative major is desired, but not required, and a relevant certification (e.g. CPA, CFA, CIA) is a plus
A little about us:
Prudential was founded on the belief that being financially prepared is a right, not a privilege.