Audit Consultant/Corporate Audit
Note: Flexible Work Arrangements may be Available
Baxter provides a broad portfolio of essential renal and hospital products, including home, acute and in-center dialysis; sterile IV solutions; infusion systems and devices; parenteral nutrition; surgery products and anesthetics; and pharmacy automation, software and services. The company's global footprint and the critical nature of its products and services play a key role in expanding access to healthcare in emerging and developed countries. Baxter's employees worldwide are building upon the company's rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of healthcare innovations that enable patient care.Critical Responsibilities
- Perform engagement planning, execution and reporting.
- Take a risk-based approach to plan audits across a variety of processes including IT, HR, procurement, manufacturing, and commercial.
- Participate in or lead audit field work by assessing the design, implementation and operating effectiveness of compliance, financial, IT and operational controls.
- Understand and validate business processes and systems across functions and business segments.
- Understand how IT general controls (ITGC), application controls, and technology risks affect the control environment.
- Identify opportunities for cost recoveries and improvements to governance, processes or controls.
- Direct and develop other members of the audit team.
- Act as a liaison to customers and Corporate Audit Management.
- Use data analytics during planning, execution and reporting to optimize coverage and effectiveness.
- Develop and maintain relationships with Baxter management to ensure familiarity with corporate priorities and alignment with the audit plan.
- Participate in or lead special audits and projects that may arise.
Education and Experience
- Strong understanding of internal controls and business processes across functions, including manufacturing, information systems, finance, accounting, commercial, human resources and others.
- Self-starter with strong analytical skills and decision-making capabilities.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to multi-task across multiple projects/priorities.
- Audit Consultants are expected to travel up to 25%.
A Career That Matters
- Bachelor's degree in information systems, economics, finance, accounting or related degree is required.
- Two plus years of progressive internal audit experience at a publicly traded company that includes experience in a risk-based audit environment.
- Internal audit experience in a Big 4 firm.
- Appropriate audit certification and foreign language skills.
- IT controls experience with the following: JDEdwards, SAP, PeopleSoft, Blackline, Quantum, Oracle database, AS/400.
Baxter's employees are united in a mission to save and sustain lives. We are passionate about applying scientific innovation to meet the needs of the millions of people worldwide who depend on our medically necessary therapies and technologies. We focus on increasing access to healthcare, innovating in crucial areas of unmet need, and pursuing creative collaborations that bring our mission to life for patients every day. #LI-NM1P Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy Reasonable Accommodations
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an email to Corporate_Staffing_Deerfield@baxter.com or call 877-229-4748 (877-BaxHR4U) and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact informatio.
A little about us:
Our employees are connected by an enduring commitment to save and sustain lives. This higher purpose binds us in doing work that matters.