PwC is a network of firms committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services.
We help resolve complex issues for our clients and identify opportunities. Learn more about us at www.pwc.com/us.
At PwC, we develop leaders at all levels. The distinctive leadership framework we call the PwC Professional (http://pwc.to/pwcpro) provides our people with a road map to grow their skills and build their careers. Our approach to ongoing development shapes employees into leaders, no matter the role or job title.
Are you ready to build a career in a rapidly changing world? Developing as a PwC Professional means that you will be ready
- to create and capture opportunities to advance your career and fulfill your potential. To learn more, visit us at www.pwc.com/careers.
What will you do if you work in Assurance at PwC?
You'll ask questions and test assumptions. You'll help determine if companies are reporting information that investors and others can rely on. You'll help businesses solve complex issues faced by management and boards. You'll serve the public interest and the capital markets by conducting quality audits. Visit http://pwc.to/pwcassurance for more information on PwC's Assurance practice.
The world is quickly changing, that's why PwC is quickly adapting. We're capitalizing on trends that will impact corporate reporting.
Our focus is on globalization, technology, sustainability and environmental reporting, population shifts and regulation. We combine skills and experience to help our clients address their challenges.Job Description
Our Core Assurance practice provides independent reporting to stakeholders. We perform:
- Financial statement and internal control audits
- Business and performance reporting
- Social, environmental, and other compliance reviews
As part of our Assurance team, you will gain specialized knowledge. We collaborate with clients. We go inside companies, get to know their businesses, and then assure that the financial information they report to the public is clear and reliable.
We stand firm on quality and integrity, and we have a direct impact on how well the world's capital market system functions.
And we're transforming!
Check this out: http://pwc.to/auditvideo
Our Assurance professionals are constantly challenged with a high learning curve. You will learn through training programs and on-the-job interaction with co-workers and clients. You'll have mentors and formal coaches.
PwC is all about our people. We want high performance and high quality, and we want you to be challenged and fulfilled here. Join us and weâ€™ll help you explore the career opportunities in PwC Assurance.
Don't take our word for it. See for yourself: http://pwc.to/pwcpeople
Depending on your market and office, you may have an opportunity to work with clients in a variety of industries, including Financial Services, Technology, Entertainment, Media and Communications, Healthcare, Aerospace& Defense, Automotive, Consumer and Retail, Industrial Products, Energy and Mining, Power and Utilities.Position/Program Requirements
Minimum Year(s) of Experience: 1
Minimum Degree Required: Bachelor's degree in accounting or other business field of study, including an acceptable NASBA foreign education equivalent.
Certification(s) Required: Commitment to pass CPA exam before being promoted to senior associate and thereafter obtain CPA licensure.
Certification(s) Preferred: CPA
Demonstrates some proven knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles in the United States (U.S. GAAP), United States Generally Accepted Auditing Standards (U.S. GAAS) and the Public Company Accounting Oversight Board (PCAOB) standards, emphasizing some understanding
- for the respective industry
- of business and accounting issues, and the technical accounting and financial reporting standards.
Demonstrates some proven abilities and/or record of success as a team member within the US Assurance practice of a global network of professional services consulting firms, including, but not limited to, the following dimensions of the PwC Professional:
- Demonstrating and applying foundational knowledge of the technical accounting and financial reporting standards under the GAAP, GAAS, and PCAOB;
- Applying applicable auditing standards when performing auditing work, taking proactive steps to be familiar with the firm 's audit methodology and guidance;
- Elevating potential issues on a timely basis after gathering key facts;
- Leveraging team members and appropriate technical resources to assist in resolutions;
- Taking pride and responsibility for the quality of work and performing critical self-reviews;
- Demonstrating professional skepticism, independence, and objectivity;
- Seeking proactively the advice of supervisors and responding to feedback in a timely manner.
- Leveraging know-how of business financials, reports and profitability levers;
- Considering current issues facing the markets and relevant industries, including technology developments;
- Performing research, analysis, and structured problem-solving using a range of tools and techniques; and,
- Demonstrating critical thinking, bringing order to unstructured problems.
- Developing know-how of the implications of globalization, including key business trends and developments.
- Incorporating proactive, individualized career planning goals to build awareness of cultural dexterity and global business, and, asking clarifying questions and/or researching the answers, as appropriate.
- Working comfortably across differences, especially with change and ambiguity.
- Asking regularly for in-the-moment feedback and taking action on it.
- Demonstrating a strong work ethic and delivering high-quality results on time.
- Collaborating with others to optimize solutions, testing the feasibility of recommendations proffered, anticipating potential inquiries, and preparing responses.
- Identifying and using the most effective communication tools and applications.
- Understanding the needs of others to proactively assist, as appropriate.
- Building respect and trust as an open-minded and inclusive professional.
So what does a typical day look like?
* To be considered for PwC Assurance roles, individuals will be asked to provide additional information during the formal recruiting process.
PwC is a network of firms in 157 countries with more than 184,000 people committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services.