Job Location: United States : New Jersey : Whippany
The Manager position will provide audit coverage of the Corporate Investment processes. The successful candidate will be based in Whippany, NJ and will be part of the team which primarily executes the global audit plan for the Investment Function. The Individual will assist in the development and execution of audit plans includes planning af risk assessment, auditing, and continuous monitoring activities to provide an independent and objective assessment of the overall control environment of the Company’s Investment function and related activities.
The incumbent will also have the opportunity to support the execution of other areas including Global Risk, Treasury and Finance. The incumbent will have the opportunity for supporting the execution of multiple audit functions within the department.
- Contribute to the direction and focus of the Internal Audit team's activities through active engagement in risk assessment, audit planning & execution, and continuous monitoring activities related to the Investment function
- Assess inherent, control and residual risks related to the Investment function
- Lead audit execution for certain Investment processes. Prepare high quality audit deliverables including planning memoranda, audit programs, working papers, drafts of audit issues, and audit reports. Ensure effective and efficient execution of audits in conformance with professional and departmental standards, budgets, and timelines.
- Identify and assess the impact of control deficiencies. Follow up on reported issues to ensure timely implementation of remedial action plan
- Present audit results to various levels of Internal Audit leadership, as well as the business organization
- Disseminate best practice recommendations. Maintain high awareness of economic, regulatory, and business risks and issues, taking action to assure required adjustments to risk assessments, audit plans, and audit programs.
- Implement and execute an effective program of continuous monitoring for assigned areas. This includes monitoring of key metrics to identify control issues and adverse trends in the control environment and keeping abreast of key initiatives and pertinent industry and regulatory developments
- Build and maintain key relationships with stakeholders and colleagues, establishing a culture of engagement while adding value, effective teamwork and innovative thinking
- Research relevant Insurance, regulation, reporting, and operational topics.
- Maintain technical subject matter internal audit competency through ongoing professional development.
- Master’s degree in Accounting highly desired, Bachelor's degree in Accounting preferred.
- CPA, CIA, or CFA highly desired.
- 5+ years of relevant business experience in the financial services sector, preferably within Audit or risk and control functions required.
- Intermediate-level understanding of Generally Accepted Audit Standards, Investment process best practices, risk management and Sarbanes-Oxley requirements highly desired.
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.