Job Location: United States : North Carolina : Cary
A candidate has been identified for this position.
The Manager position will provide audit coverage of the US Business processes. The successful candidate will be based in Cary, NC. They will aid in performing risk assessments, design evaluation, control effectiveness testing designed to focus on top risks to the company and risk mitigation, assists in the preparation of audit findings for business managers which may include proposed recommendations for control enhancements to business managers and senior management, as appropriate, participates consultatively in implementing change to the control environment to the extent possible, be a positive influence to the audit team and be a leader who takes ownership, accountability, and pride in their work and the success of the team. The Audit Manager should have an interest in developing their data analytics and data governance knowledge and skills.
- Contribute to the direction and focus of the Internal Audit team's activities through active engagement in risk assessment, audit planning & execution, and continuous monitoring activities; Assess inherent, control and residual risks related to the US Business functions.
- Lead audit execution for certain US Business processes. Prepare high quality audit deliverables including planning memoranda, audit programs, working papers, drafts of audit issues, and audit reports. Ensure effective and efficient execution of audits in conformance with professional and departmental standards, budgets, and timelines.
- Identify and assess the impact of control deficiencies. Follow up on reported issues to ensure timely implementation of remedial action plan; Present audit results to various levels of Internal Audit leadership, as well as the business organization.
- Disseminate best practice recommendations. Maintain high awareness of economic, regulatory, and business risks and issues, taking action to assure required adjustments to risk assessments, audit plans, and audit programs.
- Implement and execute an effective program of continuous monitoring for assigned areas. This includes monitoring of key metrics to identify control issues and adverse trends in the control environment and keeping abreast of key initiatives and pertinent industry and regulatory developments
- Build and maintain key relationships with stakeholders and colleagues, establishing a culture of engagement while adding value, effective teamwork and innovative thinking; Research relevant insurance, regulation, reporting, and operational topics.
- Maintain technical subject matter internal audit competency through ongoing professional development.
- 5+ years of relevant business experience in the financial services sector, preferably within Audit or risk and control functions required.
- Strong analytical, deductive, and problem-solving skills
- Intermediate-level understanding of Generally Accepted Audit Standards, Investment process best practices, risk management and Sarbanes-Oxley requirements highly desired.
- Possesses intermediate-level understanding of IT application control concepts (application processing controls, system reconciliations, interfaces, reports testing, workflows)
- Experience with performing project assurance reviews for pre-implementations
- Master’s degree in Accounting highly desired, Bachelor's degree in Accounting preferred.
- CPA, CIA, or CFA highly desired.
- Prefer candidate who possesses proficient understanding of data analysis tools such as ACL, and application of financial and operational analytics; knowledge of risk-based analytics of business finances and operations, and data sources that drive the analytics.
Domestic up to 30%
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
For immediate consideration, click the Apply Now button. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.
Requisition #: 67201
A little about us:
MetLife offers life insurance, disability income insurance, car insurance, employee benefits and more.