Audit Manager, Financial Services
Corporate Audit Services (CAS), the Internal Audit function within Capital One, is a dedicated group of audit professionals focused on delivering top quality assurance services to the organization’s Audit and Risk Committee. The CAS department is considered one of the leading internal audit functions within the financial services industry and is highly regarded within Capital One. CAS professionals are experienced, well-trained and credentialed, and operate within a highly collaborative team environment to deliver value added opinions and recommendations. In addition, the CAS vision of Innovate Continually, Perform Brilliantly, and Set the Standard create a dynamic and challenging atmosphere for both personal growth and professional opportunity.
An Audit Manager on the Financial Services Audit team will be responsible for the coordination and execution of audits related to home mortgage loans and auto finance operations as well as other diverse lines of business and specialty areas. Additionally, as a part of the broader Audit Team, the candidate will also lead or contribute to other audits as determined through audit planning processes. Provide major input to audit engagement planning and fieldwork, as well as identification, development and documentation of audit issues, including recommendations for their improvement.
Each audit assignment encourages the Candidate to apply business, technical and industry knowledge to assess business risk, identify and design risk based tests of key controls, and lead the engagement team in performance of the audit. The candidate will also provide training and coaching to team members on assignments, and the broader Audit team. The candidate should be able to work independently, with minimal guidance from Audit management, while exercising judgment in risk based assessments. Career development and growth opportunities exist through our established training programs within the Corporate Audit Services team. The candidate will be expected to maintain all organizational and professional ethical standards.
Here's what we're looking for in an ideal teammate:
As one of the “100 Best Companies to Work For,” you can look forward to coming to work every day with a team of people that are committed to excellence and doing the right thing.
- Bachelors Degree or military experience
- At least 5 years of experience in auditing, at least 5 years of experience in accounting, at least 5 years of experience in financial analysis, at least 5 years of experience in compliance or a combination
- At least 2 years of experience leading audits and performing in the role of auditor-in-charge
- Master’s Degree in Accounting, Master’s Degree in Finance, Master’s Degree in Economics, or Master of Business Administration
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager (CRCM, or Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
- 3+ years of experience in a bank or 3+ years of experience in a financial services firm
- 3+ years of experience in the mortgage lending business, 3+ years of experience in consumer automobile finance business or a combination
- 1+ years of experience with data analytics tools in support of internal audit
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position