Plano 2 (31062), United States of America, Plano, Texas
Audit/Compliance Process Engineer
You will work with smart and passionate people to deliver results that have a direct impact on the company’s bottom line. You will take on important and exciting responsibility from day one, working with key stakeholders across the company and SBDE. You will be challenged to excel and lead alongside the brightest talent in the industry and be rewarded for your achievements.
- Leading and owning oversight of smaller process improvement work and collaborating with teammates on larger initiatives
- Collecting data and information and using analytics and reporting to provide transparency to senior leadership and executives
- Participate in the analysis, design, implementation, validation and maintenance of SBDE Security Resilience, Compliance and Audit program/framework, documentation and procedures that is in alignment with best practices and Enterprise Policy
- Identify and implement process improvements driving issue resolution/risk mitigation activities
- Tracking and resolving process breakdowns
- Developing and maintaining formal process documentation including procedures and process flow diagrams
- Partners with teams across the ISRM and Delivery organization to help support Security processes and controls, Security processes and control remediation
- Supports process optimization projects designed to improve quality, reduce errors and design new business processes in support of projects and services
- Supports and responds to various regulator and audit requests
- Supports acquisition and new partnership projects by integrating them into SBDE; as well as, the Enterprise to improve quality, reduce errors and design new business processes
- Evangelizes, drive and document the adoption of new policies, processes, and technologies in pursuit of improved resilience
- Validates that information security requirements have been documented, to include identified process gaps and remediation’s
- Serve as mentor and technical resource to more junior associates; train other associates through one-on-one or group technical discussions.
- Acts as a subject matter expert to effectively partner with project customers to achieve desired outcome or improvement by clarifying needs and providing appropriate solutions - May lead a team and/or direct others on projects
We are seeking is dedicated, disciplined, process professional who excels in a team environment and have experience in process improvement, JIRA Kanban management/metrics, project management and security/compliance aptitude in the Financial Industry. This person will have excellent communication skills, attention to detail, and have the ability to adapt to change quickly. The ability to influence up is key to success in this position. A passion for learning new skills including security, process, engineering, testing and development practices is a strong indicator for success in this role.
Overall, you will partner with internal SBDE and cross-functional teams, projects, and business customers to document current state process, identify opportunities to improve and assist with moving teams towards SBDE goals. This is an excellent opportunity to continue your career in the field of Process Management.
- Bachelor’s degree or military experience.
- At least 3 years of experience information security, processes, related workflow and continuous improvement.
- At least 3 years of experience in Information Technology OR at least 2-year experience within an Information Security or Technology Risk Management discipline
- At least 2 years of experience presenting and developing documentation across all levels of the enterprise.
- At least 2 years of technical writing experience within cybersecurity or information security is desired.
At least 2 years of Agile experience. JIRA Kanban management and metrics is preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in Cybersecurity, Information Technology, Information Systems, Information Security, Information Assurance, Business Management or in Risk Management.
- 4 years of experience in Information Technology OR at least 2-year general experience within an Information Security or Technology Risk Management discipline
- 3 years of experience in the review of security controls, processes, related workflow and continuous improvement
- 2 years of experience in process development and design
- 1 year experience with either CERT Resilience Management Model or equivalent
- 1 year experience with Visio
- CISA, CISM, CRISC, CGEIT, CTPRP, ITIL, CISSP, CCSP, Process Management LEAN certification, Business Process Management certification, or Process Management Six Sigma certifications or equivalent are of value and to be taken into consideration
Successful candidates will possess:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills due to the need to communicate extensively with remote team members and vendors
- A bias toward action, along with an internal drive for continuous improvement
- Ability to prioritize, execute tasks, and make sound decisions in high pressure situations
- Curiosity. You ask why. Explore. Not afraid to blurt out crazy ideas.
- No fear. Big, undefined problems and operational issues don’t frighten you. You can work at a tiny crack until you’ve broken open the whole nut and then clearly explain the issue in a manner that people who aren’t as knowledgeable in your area of expertise can understand.
- A passion for teamwork, collaboration, and keen attention to detail
- Strong customer service orientation
- High degree of self-motivation and self-direction
- Ability to work in a fast paced, often changing environment, and the ability to find your own path in ambiguous situations
- Experience working with a large geographically distributed network environments or partners
This is a Principal level position located in Plano, TX. It is permanent and full-time, beginning as soon as we find the right person.
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.