Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
This position is located in Houston, Texas and reports to the Manager, Integrated Audit. I. Job Summary
Our ideal candidate will be able to, under minimal supervision, perform audits to determine adherence to established plans, policies, procedures and good business practices. The Auditor II will also be responsible for the identification of risk and evaluating the efficiency and effectiveness of core processes and internal controls. II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
- Assists in complex auditing activities of various business components, departments and operations for:
- operational efficiency and effectiveness
- cost control and cash flow opportunities
- compliance with established plans, policies, procedures, controls and applicable regulations
- Oversees audits and projects that review financial and operational processes including the functionality of workflow, data sources, controls, efficiency, performance metrics, user roles, and alignment with strategy.
- Prepares reports on audit findings and recommends solutions for review by managers.
- Required travel of approximately 25% to audit or otherwise assist other sites.
- May provide support to less experienced auditors and conduct quality control reviews of audit work products.
- Manages and resolves ever-changing priorities and demands; confronts issues and takes decisive action on own accord.
- Responsible for planning, coordinating and performing risk assessments of all assigned audits.
- Determines effective data analytic techniques to aid in audit testing as well as creating audit plan development and programs.
- Responsible for preparing accurate and descriptive audit work papers and reports through interviews, document review, surveys and other audit testing procedures.
- Communicates results of audit with recommended solutions via written and oral reports to auditees and departmental management.
- Either possesses the requisite financial or operational knowledge or the ability to draw upon and appropriately leverage resources possessing those skills relative to audits of
- Highly complex accounting and statistical data of various departments, divisions and locations of the organization to verify accuracy.
- Sophisticated Information processing systems deploying various technological solutions and tools.
- Sophisticated operational and/or information technology management disciplines and processes.
- Determines proper accountability of assets through physical count, inventory reviews and confirmations.
- Ensures that less experienced auditors understand audit departmental goals and objectives. Provides direction and/or support to less experienced auditors.
- Actively seeks out ways to develop and implement improvements to audit methodology, client service and administrative processes.
- Effectively corresponds with senior management clients, and builds strong client relationships through various interactions.
This job has no supervisory duties. IV. Qualifications
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Required: Bachelor's Degree, or equivalent from an accredited college or university and three years of full time experience in internal auditing, external auditing, operations, accounting, business analysis, or program evaluation.
- Preferred: Master's Degree or equivalent in accounting, finance, or business administration or similar area of study and three years of audit experience with established internal audit department or public accounting firm.
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
- None required but desired to have certification such as CIA, CPA, CMA, or CFE completed or in the process of completing.
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities
V. Work Environment
- Ability to learn new systems and operations quickly.
- Ability to work independently and within a team; build solid relationships with team members and seek guidance, clarification, and feedback from more experienced team members.
- Exposure to and use of data analytics tools
- Must be self-motivated and willing to take necessary actions to get the assigned tasks completed.
- Ability to apply strong understanding of risk recognition in financial and operational processes with solid core analytical and problem solving skills.
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Normal setting for this job is: office setting. Benefits
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
Waste Management, Inc. is North America's leading provider of integrated environmental solutions.