At MetLife, we seek to make a meaningful impact in the lives of our customers and our communities. This role is part of Global Finance and Investments Audit (GFIA) within MetLife's Internal Audit Department. Internal Audit serves as the 3rd line of defense to provide assurance that MetLife's internal controls are both designed and operating effectively. Internal Audit provides value to management through both its assurance and consulting activities. Job Location
United States : Florida : Tampa Job Description
- Assists in the review of business risks and assesses whether such risks are anticipated, recognized, and appropriately managed before they can adversely affect the company.
- Assists in the review of finance and investment business processes, and internal and external financial practices enterprise-wide to ensure the use of compliant and best practices, procedural efficiency, and accuracy.
- Assists in the preparation of audit findings and the development of audit reports. Interacts with audit management and the business stakeholder as necessary.
- Supports team vision.
- Assists in audit work to assess the soundness, adequacy, compliance, and cost-effectiveness of the enterprise operational, financial, and information systems' controls.
- Assists in the support of SOX deliverables
- Conducts External Audit direct-assist work.
- Effectively interacts with audit team members and external stakeholders in support of assigned tasks.
- Possesses the ability to manage multiple assignments
- Performs other related duties as assigned or required.
- 1-3 years of auditing experience, preferably with one of the Big Four public accounting firms.
- Candidate should possess strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient using MS Office suite.
- Working towards MACC, MBA, CPA, or CIA is a plus.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting required.
Internal Audit Number of Openings
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace. Note to Mobile Users: If viewing on a mobile device and would like to apply, please email the job to yourself and complete the application from a desktop/laptop. Note to Desktop/Laptop Users: For immediate consideration, click Apply Now button below. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile which takes 10 - 15 minutes to complete. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job. Internal Use Only: 09M