Arconic's internal audit group is responsible for providing an objective and professional evaluation of internal control systems and to recommend and advise on improvements in control systems for the company's operating locations and key processes. The internal audit group is ideal for career development for highly motivated individuals as this position offers extensive exposure to Arconic Business Units and to the company's financial philosophies and practices.Major Activities/Key Challenges
Essential Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Evaluating the internal controls of business processes for the company's operating locations and key processes
- Leading a team of auditors on assigned engagements and effectively discussing key audit issues with management
- Coaching and supervising special auditors
- Traveling to company locations, many of which are manufacturing facilities located in North America
- Participating in a cross functional team (Process Team, Data Analytics Team, Risk Team, and People Team)
- Providing recommendations to location and executive management on improving the control environment and increasing operational efficiencies
- Providing internal consulting to address management requests
- Developing ideas for process improvements and contributing to department, business unit and company performance
- Assisting external auditors with SOX audits
- Transferring knowledge throughout the company through best practice sharing
- Utilizing technology to help guide and develop data mining tools
- **Travel may be close to 50% for majority of the year. Structured scheduling with travel normally the middle two weeks of the month.**
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Working effectively with a variety of people in a team environment
- Strong organiziational skills to manage multiple projects and execute audtis
- Critical thinker
- Exposure to various business functions, like: inventory, procurement, financial analysis and account reconciliations
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting, or Business Administration from an accredited Institution.
- Minimum of 4 years work experience in Finance or Accounting in a corporate setting.
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as an U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Professional Certification (CPA, MBA, CISA, CFE, etc.).
- 2+ years of experience specifically focused on financial auditing or compliance.
- Experience with Hyperion, Discoverer or Essbase.