Company: FreshPoint South Texas
Zip Code: 78724
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 1
Travel Percentage: Up to 100%
More information about this job:
FreshPoint South Texas
This is a delivery position responsible for driving a box truck for the purpose of delivering and unloading various products for FreshPoint customers. This requires using excellent customer service skills, and working in accordance with state and DOT regulations and Safety Preferred Work Methods.
Overtime hours, working weekends and holidays, and starting at various early morning start times are required in order to successfully meet customers’ needs.
An individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential duty listed below. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Operate vehicle in a variety of traffic and weather conditions.
- Meet or exceed minimum productivity levels established by the Company.
- Meet or exceed established cases per error goals
- Demonstrate strong customer relations and problem resolution skills.
- Effectively plan and organize work activities independent of direct supervision.
- Develop a good working knowledge of product and inventory control techniques and procedures.
- Maintain ongoing inter-department communications related to routing, safety, and customer relations.
: (essential functions are in bold)
- Deliver product within assigned route schedule and time windows. Immediately inform management team of any deviations.
- Unload product from truck, by hand or using hand cart, and place in designated customer storage areas. May include transporting product down ramps, stairs, or docks, in all weather conditions.
- Frequently lift, push, or move product that weighs 1-75 pounds, up to 100 pounds; frequently reach up to 72” to stack and unstack pallets and hand cart; constantly bend and twist while loading and unloading product, and retrieving items from trailer.
- Verify delivery of items with customer and obtain proper signatures. Contact management for authorization when discrepancies on invoice and communicate all errors/returns.
- Collect money (cash or checks) where required, and submit all funds collected daily.
- Pickup, load and unload damaged goods and customer returns, and complete necessary paperwork.
- Perform pre-trip and post-trip responsibilities in accordance with Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations and FreshPoint policies and procedures.
- Complete Department of Transportation (DOT) logs (electronic or manual as required), company vehicle maintenance reports and reconcile with appropriate company representative as required.
- Follow preferred work methods at all times, and immediately advise supervisor of any unsafe conditions.
- Maintain sanitary conditions in vehicle and assist with maintaining sanitary conditions in the warehouse and yard.
- Maintain, secure and safely operate all assigned equipment, including but not limited to hand cart, pallets, load bars, and personal protective equipment.
- Attend all required company meetings.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Must be 21+ years of age
- Valid Class B Commercial Driver’s License with a “clean” driving record (including: no single DUI in the last 3 years and no multiple DUIs within the last 10 years)
- 1 year commercial driving experience
(For internal associates, or if market conditions warrant, FreshPoint may opt to require completion of Sysco’s Entry-Level Driver Training Program within first 12 weeks of Driver employment, in lieu of 1 year CMV experience)
- Able to read, write and communicate in English as it relates to the job and to the safety regulations
- Must have basic math skills (add, subtract, multiply, divide).
- Must pass pre-employment testing (Drug Screen, Background Check, Physical Abilities Test)
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- 2 years local food or beverage delivery experience
- Pallet breakdown and hand cart delivery experience
- Previous experience in foodservice industry
- Frequent moving of product up to 50 lbs. during the shift, infrequent moving up to 150 lbs.
- Must be able to climb on and off the box of the truck.
- Frequent bending, squatting, pushing and pulling.
- Must be able to work in confined spaces.
To be successful in this position, the individual performing the duties must successfully demonstrate the following competencies:
- Building Customer Loyalty
- Managing Work
- Building Trust
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.
Employment Type: Full Time