This position supports the automation systems in one of Coca-Cola's most automated plants . It is part of the Freestyle team; Coca-Cola's newest beverage fountain technology. It crosses the line between industrial automation & controls and IT administration. However, it is primarily an industrial automation and controls support position. This position is responsible to maintain automation, controls and supervisory systems and make necessary upgrades to improve efficiency and effectiveness of Freestyle and Syrup Plant operations. This position ensures servers, data collecting and data reporting systems are optimized and accurate. This is a challenging position that supports new manufacturing technologies and data flows for business intelligence systems. This is a great opportunity for a controls professional who wants to learn and grow with Coca-Cola's newest technology.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Reports to the Senior Automation Engineer and works as part of the Automation Team.
- Performs work on system maintenance while being ready to respond to problems on the production lines.
- This is a busy, hands-on job that requires experience with industrial control systems and a self-starter, self-directed work ethic to accomplish tasks.
- Supports the entire Atlanta Syrup Plant. This includes the Syrup lines, the new Freestyle lines, and the Automated Warehouse with its 120 foot high ASRS.
- Understand the impact of control systems on safety. Always work in accordance with plant safety requirements.
- Understand the impact of control systems on quality. Always perform work so as to safeguard product quality.
- Perform work in accordance with Plant and Automation Team change management systems.
- Maintain backups of all automation programs and device configurations.
- Configure, troubleshoot and maintain vision systems and barcode readers.
- Configure, troubleshoot and maintain automated labelers.
- Maintain labeling and identification for automation systems.
- Understand the impact of control systems on production. Always perform work while communicating with production teams and avoid unplanned production down time.
- Troubleshoot electrical systems to maintain plant production (motor circuits, VFDs, Servo Systems, sensors, instrumentation, and associated wiring and configuration).
- Configure, program, and troubleshoot PLC systems. 90% is Allen Bradley ControlLogix, some PLC5 and SLC500. Some Siemens S7. Some B&R Automation.
- Configure, program, and troubleshoot HMI systems. 90% PanelView Plus.
- Configure, program, and troubleshoot SCADA systems. GE iFix, FTView SE, Historian systems.
- Configure, program, and troubleshoot robot cells.
- Diagnose problems with machinery, control devices, and other automation equipment • Maintain plant industrial networks, data collection systems and reporting servers.
- Be available to answer phone calls outside of normal work hours and provide remote assistance to plant operations when sometimes needed.
- Actively participate as a self-directed and committed member of a team and work with other team members to achieve the department and plant goals and objectives.
- Understand how to select controls and electrical components, specify correct ordering information, and help procure components.
- Ability to work with and manage external contractors to accomplish goals.
- Maintain effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work tasks or the work environment. Adjust effectively to work within new work structures, processes or requirements. Have flexibility to work different shifts and most weekends.
- Carry out responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies, procedures, and state, federal and local laws.
- Work closely with Maintenance Technicians and Production Technicians. Provide guidance and training in areas of automation and controls including associated hazards.
- Able to travel when required.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
Desired Knowledge and Skills:
- 3 to 5 years of experience with industrial control systems.
- Must be able to work in the US without sponsorship.
- Proficient programming ControlLogix PLCs and PanelView Plus HMIs.
- Proficient with Allen Bradley PLCs, VFDs, HMIs, and Networks (DeviceNet, ControlNet, Remote IO, Data Highway Plus, and Ethernet).
- Understanding of industrial control panel electrical practices and requirements (Arc Flash, electrical safety, power distribution, etc.).
- Ability to install, configure and calibrate digital sensors (limit switches, photo eyes, prox switches, etc.).
- Ability to install, configure and calibrate analog sensors (flow, pressure, temp, distance, laser, sonic, radar, etc.).
- Ability to install, configure and calibrate special/safety sensors (light curtains, area scanners, bar code readers).
- Reading and interpreting blueprints and schematics.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with individuals contacted in the course of work including outside vendors, contractors and suppliers.
- Computer skills with knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel; Outlook.
- Ability to communicate and comprehend specifics regarding equipment problems.
- Siemens S7 programming
- DRIVE INNOVATION: Generate new or unique solutions and embrace new ideas that help sustain our business
- COLLABORATE WITH SYSTEM, CUSTOMERS, AND OTHER STAKEHOLDERS: Develop and leverage relationships with stakeholders to appropriately stretch and impact the System (Company and Bottler)
- ACT LIKE AN OWNER: Deliver results, creating value for our brands, our System, our customers and key stakeholders
- INSPIRE OTHERS: Inspire people to deliver our mission and 2020 Vision, demonstrate passion for the business and give people a reason to believe anything is possible
- DEVELOP SELF AND OTHERS: Develop self and support others' development to achieve full potential
Honesty and integrity have always been cornerstone values of The Coca-Cola Company. Our passion for people of integrity mirrors our spirited drive for total quality in our brands. These and other elements allow the company to sustain strategic practices and drive business performance. The Personnel Integrity Assurance Program is another step toward making The Coca-Cola Company the premier workplace. This process includes a pre-employment background investigation that applies to all applicants, employees, and contractors of the company. The scope of this inquiry may cover such elements as education, employment history, a criminal history check, reference checks, and a pre-employment drug screen. Designated countries or sensitive positions within the company may have more stringent standards.
The Coca-Cola Company is the world's largest beverage company, refreshing consumers with more than 500 sparkling and still brands and more than 3,800 beverage choices. Led by Coca-Cola, one of the world's most valuable and recognizable brands, our Company portfolio features 20 billion-dollar brands, many of which are available in reduced-, low- or no-calorie options. Our billion-dollar brands include Diet Coke, Coca-Cola Zero, Fanta, Sprite, vitaminwater and Powerade. Through the world's largest beverage distribution system, we are the No. 1 provider of both sparkling and still beverages. More than 1.9 billion servings of our beverages are enjoyed by consumers in more than 200 countries each day. With an enduring commitment to building sustainable communities, our Company is focused on initiatives that reduce our environmental footprint, create a safe, inclusive work environment for our associates, and enhance the economic development of the communities where we operate. For more information, visit Coca-Cola Journey at http://www.coca-colacompany.com/homepage Coca-Cola Beverages (Shanghai) Ltd. an indirect wholly owned subsidiary of The Coca-Cola Company, provides marketing and technical/quality services to The Coca-Cola Company in China.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Back to top
A little about us:
Coca-Cola’s success would not be possible without the world’s best employees. We invite you to challenge yourself, join us and prosper.