To provide Electrical, Controls, and Automation support to Plant process, packaging, and utilities operations. To support Plant Maintenance and Operations teams in systems and equipment troubleshooting and technology transfer. To drive continuous improvement in the business by providing and implementing Controls and Automation solutions. To serve as a liaison between the Plant and Corporate Engineering with regards to Automation and System Integration. To assist Corporate and Plant Engineering with Electrical and Controls Projects.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide technical support to all operations and maintenance departments to help troubleshoot and diagnose issues related to Electrical, Instrumentation, and Automation. In particular provide technical back up to Technicians in order to solve difficult problems.
- Support Plant electrical and controls projects and ensure they conform to and are consistent with manufacturing standards and latest controls best practices.
- Facilitate Technology transfer from Corporate Engineering, R&D, and the Manufacturing Engineering team to the Operations and Maintenance teams ensuring proper start up and training plans. Train electricians and instrument techs on new technology to allow proper maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Actively develop and implement cost savings initiatives including waste minimization, productivity improvements, and process optimization opportunities through an active partnership with manufacturing maintenance and operations teams.
- Maintain and manage upgrades of Factory Floor Automation components and infrastructure including Server Hardware, Network Switches, Computers, etc.
- Manage Factory Floor software applications such as Data Historians, Network Analyzers, Performance Monitoring Tools, and Program Repository's.
- Develop reporting and visualization tools to improve operational performance.
- Work alongside and direct various groups including IT, R&D, External OEMs and Integrators, Quality, Safety, and Plant Resources.
- Industrial electrical and controls troubleshooting
- Knowledge or Industrial Network Protocols including Ethernet, Devicenet, Profibus, Controlnet, DH+, etc.
- PLC programming proficiency (Rockwell Automation Logix 5, 500, 5000)
- Knowledge of common controls components including Variable speed drives, safety devices, vision systems, etc.
- HMI/Visualization programming including Wonderware Intouch, AB Panelview Plus
- Basic network Management, Layer2/3 switching, spanning tree, Vlans
- Industrial Data Centers, Storage Area Networks, Server Management
- VMware Virtualization solutions
- Process controls experience in packaging or processing manufacturing environment
- Capable of working with and directing skilled trades employees
- Project management skills
- Must thrive in a fast paced, aggressive, results oriented culture
- Superior team building and ability to communicate technical and business information effectively
- Knowledge of Medium voltage electrical switch gear and distribution, NEC a plus
- Familiarity with OSHA, USDA, FDA, EPA requirements a plus
Not Eligible for Relocation
A little about us:
Our nation’s veterans bring unbeatable life experience, job skills and leadership to PepsiCo. Together We Win.