What do you envision for your future? At GE Healthcare, we strive to see life more clearly. Our "healthymagination" vision for the future invites the world to join us on our journey as we continuously develop innovations focused on reducing healthcare costs, increasing access and improving quality and efficiency around the world.
We are an $18 billion unit of General Electric Company (NYSE: GE), employing more than 52,000 people worldwide and serving healthcare professionals in more than 100 countries. We believe in our strategy - and we'd like you to be a part of it. As a global leader, GE can bring together the best in science, technology, business and people to help solve one of the world's toughest challenges and shape a new age of healthcare.
Something remarkable happens when you bring together people who are committed to making a difference - they do!
At work for a healthier world.
Learn More About Careers at GE
Learn More About GE Healthcare
GE Healthcare Life Sciences provides products and services used as tools for biopharmaceutical manufacturing, drug discovery and the latest in cellular technologies, thereby enabling our customers around the world to be more productive, effective and creative. Our motivation is to create better health for more people. Through our five decades of supporting the biopharmaceutical industry and its research partners to become more productive, we are helping to reduce costs, increase access and improve quality in the healthcare system. We use our expertise and know-how in imaginative ways to work with our customers to provide what's needed today and create products and solutions to enable the medical treatments of tomorrow.
We add value to our customers by:
• Providing cutting-edge research tools that give deeper insights into cell function to enable disease diagnosis and the development of treatments.
• Enabling manufacturing productivity: we provide solutions for the entire bioprocess workflow (i.e. start-to-finish bioprocessing) helping our customers to develop and manufacture biopharmaceuticals more efficiently.
• Providing high quality support and maintenance services.
• We are the home of many famous brands, including Whatman, Amersham, Biacore, WAVE, Applied Precision, Xcellerex and more.
Learn More About GE Healthcare Life Sciences
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www.ge.com/sites/default/files/15-000845%20EEO%20combined.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Learns the practical application of engineering principals, achieves expertise in Electrical Engineering, and investigates new techniques as part of a team. Responsible for designing electrical hardware and/or software for industrial control systems.
• Designing at least one of the following : HMI/SCADA, PLC, control panel hardware
• Engaging in all phases of product development, including concept, documentation, design, prototype, test, supplier interfaces, manufacturing introduction and service support
• Identifying and developing new opportunities to leverage Strategic Sourcing objectives and Common Technology initiatives in the Xcellerex Product line
• Ensuring reliability, performance and delivery through supplier relationships
1. BS in Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience
2. 2 years engineering experience in a related field
3. Demonstrated hands-on experience in any of the following: HMI/SCADA - Wonderware, DeltaV; PLC - Allen Bradley/Rockwell, Siemens; Automation hardware design, including design for EMC
4. Experience at developing, supporting and troubleshooting programmable logic controller programs and software
1. MS or PhD in Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience
2. Demonstrated technical leadership capability in integration activities
3. Self-starter, energizing, results oriented and able to multi-task
4. Excellent teamwork, coordination and communication skills
5. Ability to meet aggressive reliability, performance, cost, serviceability, and delivery targets
6. Effective oral and written communication skills
7. Experience with regulated industries (GMP, GAMP)
8. Global project experience
9. Knowledge of UL and IEC (e.g., UL 508A, EN 60204-1) standards and how they apply to designs
10. Working knowledge of GEHC tools and processes ePDM, AutoCAD Electrical, Phase Review Discipline (PRD)
Locations: United States ; Massachusetts; Marlborough
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.