Monsanto's Emerging Leaders in Science (ELS) scientific leadership recruitment and career development program is seeking top scientific talent to join our Technology Organization (R&D). If you are successful in being selected into this program, you will be immersed in a comprehensive, cross-functional rotational experience within a company that is a globally recognized innovation leader in plant breeding, biotechnology, crop protection, biological and precision agriculture. As a participant in this program, you will be quickly involved in multiple areas across Monsanto, and you will work with, and be mentored by some of Monsanto's most talented engineering & technology leaders. You will emerge prepared to lead efforts focused on engineering excellence & agricultural innovation across the company.
In Global Breeding Automation Engineering at Monsanto, we are a team of technologists passionate about creating the systems that fuel the farm of the future. We are reimagining and rebuilding our entire suite of field and lab technologies for the world of digital agriculture, a world that is geospatial, that is automated, that is cognitive. A world where every plant matters. A world where machines and agronomists, breeders, scientists, engineers work in harmony to deliver products that revolutionize the experience of our farmer customers. Products that don't just produce more food, but do it more sustainably, creating a better world for us all.
Monsanto is seeking an Automation Engineer for the Emerging Leaders in Science program to create and enable those products. This position will design and develop automated systems, equipment, and components for laboratory, production, and agricultural field environments. This person will own the entire process of design including developing requirements, evaluating and selecting components, creating schematics, working with internal and external assembly shops, testing, and supporting the design.
The ELS Automation Engineer will cycle through the different roles and phases of engineering from concept design to production
This position will be located in Saint Louis, MO with travel regionally and globally. There is also opportunity to reside in Iowa (Des Moines Area)
Graduate Studies in an Engineering Discipline (Mechanical, Electrical, Computer, Bio, Robotics, Aerospace, Chemical)
- Minimum of a MSc in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mechatronics or related discipline
- Minimum of 2 years experience in development of automation equipment or laboratory instrumentation
- Innovative and Desire to Create the Future
- Providing leadership to project and functional design teams
- Working in a fast-paced R&D environment with a high degree of initiative and ownership
- Seeking out collaboration
- Working as part of a multi-disciplined engineering team
- Digging in to understand and question the business and application needs to gain base knowledge on the needs and requirements for a system and how automation will affect the new process
- Utilizing that knowledge to discover new applications and opportunities
- Seeing the larger picture of a connected system including automation, data, and human interaction
- Design and development of automated systems, equipment, and components for laboratory, production, and/or agricultural field environments
- Independent research of new technologies and recommendation of technical innovations in machine/system architecture, control methodologies and industrial/lab/field automation
A little about us:
At Monsanto, we believe that diverse perspectives solve big challenges and deliver a broad range of solutions to help nourish our growing world.