Schneider Electric™ creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 144,000 employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment: https://youtu.be/NlLJMv1Y7Hk . Great people make Schneider Electric a great company. SUMMARY:
This engineering position is responsible for performing intermediate tasks relating to Building Automation Systems (BAS). This person shall work with and report to a more senior engineer while working with him or her or on your own on day to day activities. These activities which shall include, but not be limited to, both pre-contract and post contract work as described below. PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each primary duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the primary duties.
- Perform a detailed automation design and engineering field audit, in conjunction and coordination with the lead engineer and/or project manager
- Create automation scopes of work and cost estimates with minimal supervision from project/regional lead
- Assist in preparing technical audit reports
- Provide decision-making support for technical and engineering functions, in conjunction and coordination with the lead engineer and project manager
- Analyze the performance of mechanical, electrical, and control systems and recommend changes to improve functionality and/or energy efficiency through multi-disciplinary Energy Conversation Measures (ECMs).
- Prepare automation hardware and software designs, in conjunction and coordination with the lead engineer
- Write sequences of operation for improved energy efficiency of HVAC equipment and other mechanical systems
- Create BAS drawings and reports
- Assist in validation and commissioning hardware and project installations
- Prepare letters, memos, and other routine correspondence and documentation in accordance with established company procedures
- Ensure conformance to industry design standards and local codes
- Stay abreast of new technological developments/releases and apply to projects and processes where beneficial
- Assist clients and team members with any BAS operation, software, or networking problems
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with internal and external clients
- Signature level authority as indicated by the Authorization Level Document
- Other duties may be assigned
The requirements below are representative of the education, experience, skills and/or abilities required. An individual must meet the minimum requirements as listed in each Qualifications subsection. EDUCATION:
- Four (4) year college engineering or technical degree required or equivalent work experience
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- 0-2 years of relevant work experience
- Capacity for analytical thought and proven problem solving aptitude
- Advanced understanding and technical knowledge of HVAC equipment and other building mechanical/electrical systems
- Advanced knowledge of current generation Building Automation Systems from Schneider Electric and competing manufacturers
- Knowledge in Microsoft Office programs including, but not limited to, Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Visio, and Project
- Advanced organizational skills including, but not limited to, the ability to handle multiple demands and assignments while prioritizing tasks effectively and efficiently
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills including, but not limited to listening effectively and soliciting input from others
- Ability to work effectively as a team member
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the primary duties of this job successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the primary duties.
Moving over rough or uneven surfaces; recurring bending, crouching, stooping, stretching, reaching, or similar activities; recurring lifting of moderately heavy to light items. Transporting of items such as a ladder, tools, laptop computer and luggage; driving an automobile, etc. WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the primary duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the primary duties.
While performing the primary functions of the job, the employee will generally reside in an office environment. During project site visits, the employee will be exposed to ambient weather conditions, roof tops, attics, and mechanical and electrical equipment rooms which may include confined spaces and loud noises. Employee may work in different environments while on various job sites. This position will require up to 50% travel to project sites. Travel to destinations will generally be through airlines, rental vehicles, or company cars.
We seek out and reward people for being straightforward, open, passionate, effective and challenging the status quo. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. We're looking for people with a passion for success - on the job and beyond. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric: https://youtu.be/6D2Av1uUrzY . Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
We’re the global specialist in energy management and automation. Our technologies ensure that Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment.