Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company - one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you'll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
The Specialist Manufacturing Automation in West Point Shared Serves organization will be responsible for supporting the manufacturing systems including the following:
- Trouble-shooting challenging equipment / automation issues to improve manufacturing performance
- Maintaining the automation systems in compliance with cGMPs.
- Providing support as a representative of or leading a small a startup or existing production team providing technical assistance in fulfilling the automation requirements for the team.
- Reviewing automation documents, preventive maintenance, and SOPs to ensure compliance with GMP and safety.
- Developing and supporting corrective actions for investigations related to automation or IT systems.
- Use technical knowledge to assure the efficient operation of variety of automated processing and information technology systems.
- Participates in audits and training programs in the area of responsibility.
- On-floor support of manufacturing activities.
- Provides client services support for business area applications.
- Participation in Kaizen events.
- SOP development and review.
- Direct support of regulatory inspections and audits.
- Direct support of validation activities and all other associated Quality functions.
- Applies general knowledge of company business developed through education or past experience
- Understands and applies regulatory/ compliance requirements relative to their role
- Other duties requested by Management.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Science, Information Technology or other relevant discipline
- Two (2) years experience in process automation or equivalent
- Experience in PLCs (Allen Bradley), SCADA, DCSs (DeltaV), Batch Operations (S88/S95), OSI PI
Our employees are the key to our company's success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company's benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement