The Quality Assurance Analyst will ensure the quality and accuracy of software, report, and other deliverables provided by the Information Services team. This includes creating test plans from requirements documentation, executing software tests, providing test results via thorough documentation, and the facilitation of User Acceptance Testing. The current suite of applications and services is based on the Microsoft technology stack.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
(Other duties may be assigned.)
- Create Quality Assurance policies and test strategies to include Functional, Regression, Penetration, and Performance/Load Testing
- Administer the defect resolution process
- Maintain QA documentation, including test plans, defect logs, etc.
- Create test plans and automate the scripts for releases and delegate QA activities as necessary
- Execute test scripts against customizations made to third-party software applications using SQL Server, PowerBuilder, and Crystal Reports
- Ensure quality of data and information provided through SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) and SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- Facilitate User Acceptance Testing (UAT) by providing thorough test plans and documentation to end users
- Work with Project Management Office (PMO) and Development Manager to solidify change control processes and Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
The competencies listed here are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Ability to extract testing requirements from technical specifications and business functional requirements and create thorough test plans
- Capacity to define solid test strategies and processes
- Automate the testing process using Selenium
- Proficiency in Risk-Based Testing
- Ability to prioritize and manage duties as assigned with minimal direction
- Strong analysis skills
About TEKsystems:Join TEKsystems®, a leading IT staffing, IT talent management and IT services firm, and get your career on the fast track. We have more than 100 offices worldwide, and we partner with over 6,000 clients and place over 80,000 consultants per year. At TEKsystems, we seek to understand our consultants' skills, goals and interests, allowing us to present targeted job opportunities on a contract, contract-to-hire or direct placement basis. TEKsystems' leadership in the market stems from our sincere and personal commitment to driving the success of our customers, consultants and each other.The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for other accommodation options.
- 6+ years' experience in software testing and quality assurance
- 3 years' experience in SQL Server (Proficient with T-SQL)
- 3 years' experience with ASP.NET (using C#)
- 3 years' experience testing reports written in Crystal Reports and SSRS
- Implementation and/or use of test automation tools
A little about us:
TEKsystems provides corporations with IT staffing, talent management expertise and IT services, enabling them to meet their business objective.