Safety/Housekeeping - Ensure work areas comply with applicable standards (HSE, GMP, etc.), and that associates are working safely.
• Promote/reinforce company and department HSE standards, through regular communication, training, and reminders.
• Ensure associates work according to established standards and SOPs; engage associates to adjust behaviors as needed.
• Ensure work areas are clean and safe, and audit-ready at all times.
• Continuously monitor work areas; identify, resolve, and report safety hazards.
• Ensure materials are handled and disposed of properly, per HSE standards.
• Experienced and skilled in control systems (motor controls, Allen Bradley PLC's, PanelView HMIs, and iFix SCADA system)
• Ability to design and understand electrical and mechanical systems and have a strong aptitude for process and equipment troubleshooting and repair.
• Ensure that activities are carried out in compliance with regulatory and quality standards (e.g, cGxP, SOPs).
• Oversee maintenance activities to identify and correct causes of equipment downtime.
• Audit systems and equipment, and troubleshoot problems with systems and equipment. Develop short-term resolutions to problems, and assist to identify systemic solutions to prevent problem recurrence.
• Lead team to troubleshoot problems and to identify and implement improvements to safety, quality, productivity, and cost.
• Track projects and activities, identify problems, initiate corrective actions, and escalate to Management as appropriate.
• Provide input into the development of the operating budget; order materials, supplies, and spare parts; monitoring and tracking expenditures for the department.
• Lead a team of Automation Technicians (4-6 direct reports) who support production 24/7
• Ensure work areas are clean and safe, and audit-ready at all times
• Plan and schedule work activities based on production schedules, changing priorities, and shutdown periods.
• Develop team objectives (people, safety, quality, supply, cost, etc.) and Monitor team progress.
• Hire, train, coach, develop, and evaluate associates.
• Carry out HR activities such as time & attendance, performance appraisals, training, interviewing, counseling, and staff and resource utilization.
• Plan/assign duties, tasks, and overtime to associates according to their KSAs (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities), so that work assignments are carried out timely and effectively.
• Act as a role model for company values and behaviors
• Collaborate with Manufacturing, QA Operations on maintenance activities.
• Work with QA, Engineering, and MS&T to troubleshoot production problems.
• Facilitate smooth transition of information between shifts, including accurate and complete exchange of information to other shift teams and supporting departments EEO Statement The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Minimum requirements BS degree in engineering or science discipline
4+ years of production facility automation experience
1+ years of supervisor experience
Fluent in English .
A little about us:
As the global leader in eye care, Alcon develops and manufactures innovative medicines and devices to serve the full life cycle of eye care needs.