The Monsanto US Row Crops Organization is seeking a highly motivated Automation Technician
to join our Kearney, NE production team. The Automation Technician reports to the Site Lead. The scope of the role includes maintaining & improving our existing control systems, ensuring equipment reliability, on stream time, seed quality, and safety of the seed manufacturing production operations which may include multiple sites.
The Automation Technician will maintain a strong relationship with the NALAN Process Control System team and the regional PCS engineer, QMS/Compliance Lead, Production Engineer, Production Lead and Managers, and other site personnel at all assigned production facilities to resolve production challenges. The successful candidate will need to be able to adapt quickly to changes in our business, courageously face new challenges and opportunities and leverage the talents, skills and resources of team members and peers. Key Responsibilities:
Required Skills/ Experience
- Understanding of Automation and control systems common components and ability to monitor, troubleshoot, and configure not limited to motors, valves, limit switches, and ladder logic.
- Can read, modify, and understand EFD's, loop diagrams, control definition, and ISO documentation
- Ability to conceive, design, install, start-up and commission small scale automation/control improvement projects and support larger scale capital projects implemented at sites
- Support PLC, HMI programming and IT management efforts at sites and lead disaster recovery processes
- Support, provide feedback, and maintain of company core logic, standard HMI logic, IT process control network, and GPS systems and other field equipment
- Monitor/trend, identify, and develop solutions to control system
- Learn critical process equipment in order to resolve problems in a timely manner
- Assist in training and mentoring site operations personnel
- Collaborate with automation engineers to ensure strong network and alignment on approaches and standardized systems
- Associates in Automation or Process Control Systems or HS diploma with a minimum of 3 years experience with FactoryTalk SE and Allen-Bradley control logic.
- Knowledgeable in computing systems and control system hardware including instrumentation PLC and HMI equipment
- Capability to clearly present information and influence or persuade others through oral or written communications
- Ability to make decisions and solve problems while exhibiting situational judgment
- Experience with agriculture and/or seed manufacturing field
- Experience in working and/or leading in a matrix environment
- Experience with Rockwell PLC's and RSView/Factory Talk
- Strong programming skills both in proprietary Vendor control languages and with industry standards such as Visual Basic
- Possess working knowledge of historian data storage and query programs for real-time control systems