Automation Technician ‐ Apprentice Program, USA, 2018
Why You?Basic qualifications:
• Candidate must be eligible to work in the US permanently and will not need future visa sponsorship
• High school diploma or equivalency diploma (GED) by June 2018, or 1st year enrolled in college
• High school GPA 2.5 ("B") or above (4.0 scale)
• Algebra and Geometry or 2 units equivalent of academic math (GPA 2.5 or above in each case)
• Less than 2 years of industry related work experience
• Must be 18 years of age by the 1st of August 2018
• If offered a position the candidate must be willing to enroll, and meet entry requirements, with one of GSK's partnering community colleges or technical institutions, in the preferred related instruction course.
• Must be able to commute on a daily basis to GSK worksite and related instruction facility
• High school level trigonometry and science and drafting/CADD
• High school level physics
• Experience in pharmaceutical or FDA interfacing industry
• Experience in engineering or technical role (intern or shadowing opportunity)
At GSK, our mission is to improve the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer. Our three world-leading businesses research and deliver innovative medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products. We need a talented and motivated workforce to deliver against our strategy. To achieve this, we strive to attract the best people and to create an environment that empowers and inspires.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.