Automation Test Engineer
Capital One is a diversified bank that offers a broad array of financial products and services to consumers, small business and commercial clients. Capital One is one of the nation’s top 10 banks and has one of the most widely recognized brands in America. We nurture a work environment where people with a variety of thoughts, ideas and backgrounds, guided by our shared Values, come together to make Capital One a great company and a great place to work. Are you inspired by leading test strategies across multiple projects and initiatives? Are you ready to work in an organization that rewards excellence through a great compensation and benefits package? As a Senior Test Engineer at Capital One, you will have the opportunity to work alongside some of the best talent in the industry in developing test scenarios for unit, process, function, integration and acceptance testing. You will define and maintain test system configurations and perform test executions while writing test scripts for complex, integrated systems.
- Monitors adherence to quality standards in development, testing and business processes and able to produce quantifiable metrics to measure success; ensures test deliverables are prepared per enterprise guidelines
- Analyze product requirements with members of the project/product delivery team and devise the testing strategy; aligning a risk-based test approach mitigating risk exposure within all phases of testing; utilizing automated testing tools
- Monitors the completion of tasks within time and cost constraints and ensures technical and functional objectives are met
- Advocate for quality delivery; coordinates activities with overall development team, administers the testing problem management process including monitoring and reporting on problem resolution
- Implement improvements, which may require ingenuity and creativity, within quality assurance program and operational systems with measurable quality indicators; Prepare and discuss quality report with management
- Bachelor’s degree or military experience
- At least 5 years of experience of functional end-to-end testing, system testing, batch processing, user acceptance testing, regression, and test automation.
- At least 3 years of experience with Agile methodologies, Test Driven Development and continuous integration processes.
- At least 3 years of experience with automation using Selenium or Protractor JS
- At least 2 years of experience in testing REST/SOAP web services using Soap UI professional version (NG, Ready API) or other API Automation Suites
- At least 2 years of experience in XML, HTML, Oracle, PostGre
-- At least 1 year of Cucumber Acceptance Test-Driven Design (ATDD) experience
- At least 5 years of experience performing Quality Assurance functions
- At least 5 years of experience developing, implementing, maintaining and managing automated testing systems.
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.