Towers Crescent (12066), United States of America, Vienna, Virginia
Automation Test Engineer
Capital one is a pioneer in financial services, a high-tech company, an innovation laboratory, and a nationally recognized brand that reaches tens of millions of consumers. We are a passionate and entrepreneurial team that embraces bold ideas, fosters collaboration and delivers great consumer experiences. We are looking to change the way people engage with their money, their bank, and their financial lives. It's audacious work at a massive scale.
As a team, we come to work every day looking to build digital experiences that are authentic & bold. We'll improve, iterate and reimagine current digital platforms as we sharpen and create the next generation of our platforms. Our team is growing and we're looking for quality engineers who lead by doing, have a passion for solving problems and who exude professionalism every day.
At Capital One, the Android platform is recognized as an opportunity to reach our customers in unique, personal and engaging ways. Nothing is off limits as we explore exciting ways to take advantage of the full ecosystem of phones, tablets, Chromecast, Nexus Player, Android Wear, Google Glass and whatever future developments Google creates. Our engineers are provided with top of the line MacBook Pros, Thunderbolt monitors, and devices to develop the best possible products with the least amount of friction. We operate in small productive agile teams and use the best industry tools to collaborate across teams.
- Be a strong leader with deep technical and analytical abilities.
- Identify and mitigate business and technical risks.
- Lead a large, regionally distributed team of automation testing specialists and cultivate proactive, technically strong service-oriented staff.
- Identify career growth opportunities for your employees and manage their development.
- Direct defect tracking processes; including software defect documentation, defect tracking tool (JIRA, ALM, Version1) utilization, ensuring open defects are monitored and escalated as needed based on aging and priority.
- Be an active learner in all automation technologies related to Android applications testing.
- Be an active advocate of the Android platform through both internal and external Quality Engineering communities.
- Collaborate to improve mobile app testing processes, tools, and methodology.
- Closely monitor industry trends and progress in the mobile automation tool space, develop proof of concepts as need to validate the potential impact to our test delivery process.
- Influence and collaborate with other senior members of the team.
- Mentor junior members of the team.
- Actively engage with quality engineers outside of the platform sprint teams across various disciplines (Android, iOS, APIs, Web, etc.).
- Identify opportunities to drive and contribute beyond team commitments.
- Develop, maintain and execute automation tests to ensure sufficient test coverage of Android applications.
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional teams to understand project objectives, gather automation requirements, design automated tests, troubleshoot issues, and implement scalable test automation solutions.
- Develop high quality automation test engineering best practices, test strategy and principles.
- Devise and execute training, where appropriate, to develop and elevate the automation skills within the team.
- Partner with Software Engineers, UX/UI, quality Engineers, Product Owners/Analysts to deliver high performing quality customer experiences that are engaging, purposeful and powerful in their simplicity.
- Participate in automation script code reviews and provide guidance on automation best practices.
- Exercise advanced knowledge of the Gherkin language, Calabash script commands and Cucumber script execution tool.
- Be knowledgeable of automation framework concepts and automation best practices.
- Responsible for helping to identify gaps and needs of the agile team; including resources, skills, resource allocation, task assignment and delegation.
- Coordinates various test-related activities for project delivery; identifying task dependencies, test schedules, creation of test data and utilization of test environments.
- Develop and monitor test metrics and provide timely communication to key stakeholders on a regular basis.
- Assess readiness and deviation of project performance based on identified risks and testing results.
- Utilize collaborative team leadership experience with excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Utilize Insightful and logical problem isolation and solving skills.
- Be results driven and goals-oriented.
- Perform in a very focused and methodical manner with good time management skills.
- Independently adapt and thrive through change.
- Lead projects individually and mentor team members.
- Lead and take ownership of testing process and implement them.
- Assess risk for determining appropriate levels of testing.
- Utilize skills using code repositories like GitHub.
- Utilize CI/CD with Hudson/Jenkins tools.
- Lead ambiguous situations, dealing with IT issues and coming up with effective solutions to ensure project deliverables on time and within budget.
- Work with a variety of test tools and software testing practices, including developing, implementing, maintaining and managing manual/automated testing systems and environments.
- Utilize collaboration, negotiation and influencing skills.
- Handle multiple large projects simultaneously.
- Present testing topics to quality assurance peer group internal and external to work.
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 6 years of QA Engineering experience
- At least 6 years of experience in QA
- At least 6 years in Software Development
- At least 5 years of experience as a QA lead
- At least 4 years of experience in automated testing towards mobile applications
- At least 4 years of experience with Project Management
- At least 4 years of experience with Agile
- At least 3 years of experience with Ruby Scripting
- At least 2 years of experience with ALM or at least 2 years of experience with QC
- At least 2 years of experience with Selenium or at least 2 years of experience with QTP
- At least 3 years of experience with Automation Suites
- 4 years of experience in business processes
- 2 years of experience with Commercial banking or at least 2 years of experience with retail banking
- 2 years of experience with Finance industries
- 2 years of experience with mobile test automation
- 2 years of experience with automation framework
- 2 years of experience with and automated functional delivery
- 2 years of experience with Cucumber or 2 years of experience with Ruby or 2 years of experience with Gherkin
- 1 year of experience in Acceptance test driven development (ATDD) methodology
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.