- Java certification is a plus.
- Background with automation is helpful.
- Selenium is the backbone of everything. Using cucmber/ gherkin for key word testing.
- Need to be able to author test scripts from scratch. Java is absolutely a plus.
- 3-5 years. of automation experience.
- Aptitude could trump
- Jira is helpful. Baground with ALM may be helpful but wont be usuing it much.
- Will be testing mainframe applications through immulators and webservices With SOAP UI
- Most testing is not direct to database. Through ui/ webservice and validating the response that come back from mainframe calls or service calls.
Technical skills in QTP/UFT, Cobol, JCL, CICS, SQL, Java, Oracle Database, Unix, Microsoft Office
Strong understanding of test automation
ISTQB or SQAI Advanced Level Technical Test Certification
Experience with Agile SDLC methodology is highly desired
Expertise in automation testing tools/frameworks (e.g. Cucumber/Gherkin, Selenium Grid, Junit, SOAP-UI, Eclipse, Jenkins, CA-Lisa, Ant, Maven, Visual Studio, HP ALM/QTP, JIRA, etc)
Ability to work independently on multiple projects
Excellent verbal and written communication skills and attention to fine details
Experience with development of software quality metrics for driving test improvement
Experience in working with distributed teams a strong plus
Join TEKsystems®, a leading IT staffing, IT talent management and IT services firm, and get your career on the fast track. We have more than 100 offices worldwide, and we partner with over 6,000 clients and place over 80,000 consultants per year. At TEKsystems, we seek to understand our consultants' skills, goals and interests, allowing us to present targeted job opportunities on a contract, contract-to-hire or direct placement basis. TEKsystems' leadership in the market stems from our sincere and personal commitment to driving the success of our customers, consultants and each other.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for other accommodation options.
A little about us:
TEKsystems provides corporations with IT staffing, talent management expertise and IT services, enabling them to meet their business objective.