In this role you will act as a mid-level automotive technician. You will diagnose and repair engines, transmissions, braking systems, electrical systems and other all mechanical problems. You will complete standard repairs as directed with little or no assistance. You may be asked to assist with more complicated repairs under the supervision of a higher level auto mechanic. You will perform preventative maintenance as needed by the organization. You will adapt to varying tasks according to changing volume and business needs
This position does not have formal supervision responsibilities, but may be asked to provide direction to lower level technicians.
Basic Qualifications/Minimum Requirements
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of 3 years automotive maintenance experience.
- A minimum of 2-3 ASE certifications (may consider more experience with fewer ASEs, provided ASEs can be attained in stipulated time period).
- Previous OEM Dealership experience preferred.
- Ability to interpret and understand complex documented standards and procedures including repair orders, maintenance, and repair manuals.
- Valid driver's license and a good driving record
- Basic computer skills in order to enter information into our database
- Ability to perform day-to-day physical tasks involving moderately demanding work including: standing, kneeling, crawling, turning, and pushing or lifting moderately heavy objects.
Compensation & Benefits:
We provide a full-time or part-time schedule, hourly base pay. Full-time employees are eligible for comprehensive benefits that include Medical, Prescription Plans, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Accounts, Basic and Voluntary Life and AD&D and 401K Savings Plan. You will also be eligible for our ASE reimbursement program to assist in your professional development.
Corporate discounts on products you use most. Avis Budget Group offers many savings and discount programs for our employees such as the Neighborhood Discount Warehouse which provides deep discounts from hundreds of name brand merchants all on one site.
HealthWorks@ABG is the brand through which we offer our wellness-related programs to ensure that we are our healthiest selves. Most of the services offered are free of charge and open to all employees and their family members. Some of the programs and services we provide include:
- Free tobacco cessation courses (including nicotine replacement supplies)
- Customized nutritional coaching
- Fitness center discount program
- Healthy weight loss nutrition solutions
- One-on-one active lifestyle coaching
- Trusted, on-line health information available 24/7
- Free flu shots
Excellence is rewarded at every level. From our "best in class" recognition for top sales performance to our CEO acknowledgements for outstanding customer service, Avis Budget Group is committed to acknowledging and rewarding you for a job well done.
If you're motivated and dependable with a proven track record of success in a customer care environment, then we can put your career on the map
A valid driver's license is required for all positions. Drug screening and a background check are a part of our hiring process. Avis Budget is an EO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled The information listed in this advertisement describes the general nature and level of this position only. Essential functions and responsibilities may change as business needs require. Your response to this ad may result in your being considered for employment with an affiliated company of Avis Budget Group, the publicly traded parent company of Avis Budget Car Rental, LLC and its subsidiaries. This advertisement does not constitute a promise or guarantee of employment.
A little about us: