The Ops Engineer duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Installation, configuration, operation and maintenance of IP (data/voice) and telecom communications equipment, including associated DNS/DHCP configuration;
* Use of IP and telecom communications testing equipment;
* Use of software and hardware tools to identify and diagnose network status and problems;
* Conducting complex network monitoring, equipment installation and maintenance activities;
* Testing and turn-up of new circuits and/or equipment, including cross-connects and any other wiring;
* Troubleshooting and repair of complex IP (data/voice) and telecom communications equipment hardware or configuration issues, within defined service level agreement periods;
* Direct customer interface on install and repair requests related to new equipment installs and overall functionality of IP (data/voice) and telecom communications equipment
* Documentation of all activities per defined procedures
* Mentoring/Training/Coaching of less experienced employees
* Follow CenturyLink Processes and procedures to support custom configuration windows and network augments of VLANS, Routes, MPLS, and Firewall configurations for the SoA Data Center
* Excellent Visio documentation skills
Needs across the state of Texas (Dallas, Houston, Austin, San Antonio, and outlying areas).
Join TEKsystems®, a leading IT staffing, IT talent management and IT services firm, and get your career on the fast track. We have more than 100 offices worldwide, and we partner with over 6,000 clients and place over 80,000 consultants per year. At TEKsystems, we seek to understand our consultants' skills, goals and interests, allowing us to present targeted job opportunities on a contract, contract-to-hire or direct placement basis. TEKsystems' leadership in the market stems from our sincere and personal commitment to driving the success of our customers, consultants and each other.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for other accommodation options.
A little about us:
TEKsystems provides corporations with IT staffing, talent management expertise and IT services, enabling them to meet their business objective.