Job Location: Warwick, RI or Oriskany, NY or Dayton, OH
: The AVP, CSC Direct Sales is responsible for the leadership and day-to-day management of the Customer Solutions Center Direct Sales Operation. The incumbent will have oversight for a portion of the Direct Sales operation which focuses on the development and execution of sales strategies.
The incumbent will be required to:
Establish high level sales goals, budgets, and strategies, working with CSC Leadership and product partners.
Drive the continuous expansion and evolution of CSC Sales to include all products. This includes people, process and technology to support a customer-centric design.
Provide leadership to ensure appropriate recruiting, hiring, training, coaching and development plans are in place to create a high performing sales culture capable of delivering accelerated sales and revenue growth for multiple products lines.
Build effective working relationships with business partners in the product groups, distribution channels, MetLife IT, as well as internal CSC Service, Enabling Services, and Strategy & Customer Experience to identify and act on trends and identify areas for improvement and/or change to continuously increase sales and to grow revenue through telesales.
- Create a high performing sales culture through appropriate application of people, process and technology strategies
- Provide strong leadership and direction to a team of Sales Managers enabling growth of Direct Sales through effective talent acquisition, training & development programs and effective partnership with CSC support functions
- Drive team to consistently meet & exceed sales, premium, quality, compliance, and other performance goals
- Use both thought leadership and industry knowledge to stay abreast of competition and drive sales results
- Collaborate with partners across departments and the Enterprise to meet and exceed all objectives
- Optimize sales performance of staff and processes and ensure capacity in place to efficiently handle current and planned call volumes and exceed sales plans across multiple products and groups
- Identify gaps between existing capabilities and optimal performance and develop and implement solutions to address
- Ability to identify problems/issues, offer multiple solutions, and resolve using the best solution to full implementation and execution
- Develop new, innovative ideas and opportunities to achieve aggressive business goals through the use of imaginative thinking and strong leadership, and present and successfully sell those ideas to a larger audience
- Identify and obtain necessary project resources to manage deliverables to project milestones
- Contribute to the design of sales incentive plans which will motivate the sales staff to achieve all goals
- Oversee communication of incentive plans ensuring associate understanding throughout the organization.
- Lead staff in optimizing every customer interaction to further the company’s customer centric strategy and grow revenue
- Effectively communicate sales, underwriting and marketing information and functions to staff and leadership to provide a better understanding of the sales processes and the team’s contribution towards sales goals
- Develop talent for the enterprise through identification of development and learning needs with oversight for the engagement of appropriate training resources
- Direct development and implementation of daily/weekly/monthly communication of sales results to all levels of the enterprise, using CSC Enabling Services for reporting data
- Understand staffing and forecasting requirements and utilize tools to project staffing and budget adjustments and maximize resources to achieve sales objectives and increase revenue generation
- Coordinate with leadership team to identify process improvements and customer centric initiatives
- Direct the monitoring of sales performance against contractual service level agreements
- Resolve customer and corporate issues regarding unique or sensitive cases. Make decisions, build relationships and use sound business judgment to resolve issues as they arise with new and existing business.
- 10+ years of successful leadership experience in a sales environment focused on revenue growth along with actual selling experience preferably of property & casualty and life products
- In addition, 5 – 10 years of call center sales management experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business Administration or equivalent experience; advanced degree preferred
- Proven track record of building collaborative partnerships and alliances at all levels while holding people accountable
- Ability to maintain motivation of Sales Managers and sales team through change
- Commitment to personal and professional growth
- Strong set of coaching, mentoring and consulting skills
- Proven ability to fuse conclusions into actionable plans, and work directly with peers, partners and senior leaders to execute
- Must be imaginative; dependable; independent; confident; energetic; and tolerant, yet resolute
- Self-motivated, flexible, visionary
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Advanced and broad understanding of all property & casualty and life insurance products and systems
- Demonstrated ability to develop and successfully execute new programs to motivate sales staff
- Ability to delegate, track, and manage multiple projects and associated deadlines with the ability to get results
- Thorough understanding of Telesales process to include key drivers of sales (e.g., premium, quality, loss ratio, etc.), sales reports, and sales plan requirements
- Ability to influence and communicate the organization’s direction and ensure results are achieved
- Effective development, implementation, and communication of sales and marketing initiatives for all programs and products
- Strong organizational skills with ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Ability to travel approximately 30% of time
- Property & Casualty license a plus
- Property & Casualty insurance experience a plus
- Thinks Strategically – Sets direction aligned to the company’s strategy, applying external and global perspective to meet local and global needs.
- Seizes Opportunity – Seeks new opportunities and ways to create balanced business growth while improving operational capabilities.
- Focuses on Customers – Promotes customer centricity and ensures focus on creating great customer experiences to achieve competitive advantage.
- Drives Results – Sets aggressive goals and is accountable for continuously driving improved performance, leading change and ensuring high standards.
- Reports to: VP, CSC Direct Sales
- Direct reports/team: 3 directs; 220+ indirect
- Key Stakeholders: Business partners in the product groups, distribution channels, MetLife IT, as well as internal CSC Service, Enabling Services, and Strategy & Customer Experience
MetLife, through our subsidiaries and affiliates, is one of the largest life insurance companies in the world. Founded in 1868, we are a global provider of life insurance, annuities, employee benefits and asset management. Our employees serve approximately 100 million customers, individuals and businesses, including over 90 of the FORTUNE 100®.
We are ranked #40 on the Fortune 500 list and #48 on the Forbes Global 500 list. We have operations in nearly 50 countries, and hold leading market positions in the United States, Japan, Latin America, Asia, Europe and the Middle East. We are also one of the largest institutional investors in the U.S. with an over $500 billion general account portfolio as of December 31, 2015.
In 2015, FORTUNE Magazine’s World’s Most Admired Company survey named us #1 in the Life and Health Insurance industry. In 2016, we were named to the Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI) for the first time. DJSI is a global index to track the leading sustainability-driven companies.
While we have tremendous respect for the past, we are a company firmly focused on the future. To adapt to a changing world, we are undergoing one of the most dramatic transformations in our history to reinvent how we do business so we can thrive in any environment. We are moving away from a traditional product-development model to one driven by customer insights. We are challenging historical norms by humanizing our industry and designing every customer experience to reflect the modern company we’re becoming. Our goal in everything we do is to offer customers truly differentiated value propositions that allow us to establish clear competitive advantages. We pride ourselves on being a trusted partner to our customers as they navigate life’s twists and turns.
At the center of our business strategy is a commitment to One MetLife – collaborating, sharing best practices, and recruiting, developing and retaining the best talent in the industry. We live by our values: Put Customers First, Be the Best, Make Things Easier, and Succeed Together. They guide how we operate every day.
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
For immediate consideration, click the Apply Now button. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.
Requisition #: 56844