HealthTrust (www.healthtrustpg.com) is committed to strengthening provider performance and clinical excellence through an aligned membership model and the delivery of total spend management solutions that leverage our operator experience, scale and innovation. Members include approximately 1,600 acute care facilities and more than 26,000 non-acute care sites.
JOB SUMMARY - Responsible for negotiating industry-leading agreements for HCA. Objective is to ensure best in class industry pricing and contract terms and conditions.
Thi s individual is responsible for coordinating, formulating, executing, and implementing the contracting efforts related to all HCA-driven contracts for products/services not covered under the national agreements portfolio. For those contracting efforts related to products covered under a HealthTrust national agreement this individual will assist HealthTrust National Agreements in the completion of HCA specific contracting needs by representing the members interests and providing all necessary communications between the member and HealthTrust. Additionally, this individual will support the business diversity plan for HCA as well as execute and monitor progress of business diversity efforts. Other duties include collaboration with local affiliates of the National Minority Supplier Development Council, as well as collaboration with HealthTrust's diversity team in defining areas of regional opportunity for diversity suppliers.
Position's key area of focus will be sourcing initiatives that are primarily categories with medium to high spend, complexity, risk and sensitivity. Position may have some responsibility for other types of categories for the purposes of development and workload allocation.
Individual is a seasoned negotiator with in-depth knowledge and experience in contract negotiations and understanding of contract terms and conditions. Individual must be able to use best practices and knowledge of internal or external business issues to improve contract portfolio. Individual exercises judgment in selecting and/or adapting methods for obtaining solutions - taking a new perspective on using existing solutions to solve for complex problems.
Individual demonstrates project leadership for back office team members (finance, contract administration, etc.).
DUTIES (included but not limited to):
- Ability to independently plan and execute project timelines for assigned categories, with minimal oversight.
- Understanding or aptitude to learn the product categories assigned and how end-users interface with the products.
- Individual must know and be able to use knowledge about supplier to develop strategies, create leverage, mitigate risks, and anticipate direction of the market and potential supplier direction.
- Develops the contract strategy, formulates a clear vision and articulates steps to achieve the negotiation objectives.
- Thorough understanding and accountability for the sourcing process for their assigned portfolio. Including market research, bid preparation, RFI, Strategy Development & Validation, RFP, Contract Negotiations, and contract launch.
- Category strategies and final awards must be presented and validated by customer
- Individual's presentations must be well prepared, concise, and articulated clearly. Individual must consistently deliver a dynamic presentation that captures the audience's attention and delivered with enthusiasm/passion. Individual must be able to guide the audience to the desired end result.
- Oversee supplier relationship during the sourcing process. Participate in supplier business reviews and review new products/technologies as they arise in assigned categories.
- Build strong relationships with senior level supplier contacts.
- Build strong customer relationships through frequent interaction (all levels, including executive).
- Representing HealthTrust at small-to-medium sized industry events, or other organizational projects with Suppliers and Customers.
- Communications are primarily focused on effective and efficient communications with internal stakeholders and suppliers, but includes frequent communication to customers.
- Collaboration required with functional team throughout sourcing process:
- Meet/exceed financial & operational goals in the annual contracting plan.
- Maintain timely achievement of all assigned sourcing initiatives ensuring activities adhere to all established policies and procedures and standards of business conduct.
- Resolve supplier and/or customer issues, as escalated by Portfolio Specialist.
- Maintain strong customer relationships and build trust and respect by consistently meeting or exceeding customer expectations. Customers are internal and external.
- Work with HealthTrust audit team to assist and facilitate engagement and finalization of audit projects.
- Act as a champion for business process change, organizational change, and cultural change. May include leading process improvement or training initiatives.
Accredited College Bachelor's Degree required (Supply Chain, Healthcare, Business, Finance). Advanced degree and professional certification preferred. 10 years in specialized profession or equivalent. Ideal candidate will have experience in strategic sourcing and negotiating a variety of contract areas. Candidate must have demonstrated success in managing equivalent or similar responsibilities.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom