AVP, Enterprise Process Improvement, Deployment
Company: The Hartford
Location: Hartford, Connecticut
Posted: November 17, 2017
Reference ID: 1702988
Based in Hartford, CT, this highly visible role is a key contributor to the overall transformation of The Hartford to a top quartile company driven by the CEO and his leadership team. The Hartford is aggressively executing on a multi-year plan to accelerate our transformation to a culture of continuous improvement while enabling the execution of our strategy. We are integrating methodology, systems, tools and behaviors that will make it easier to consistently deliver customer value and while building market leading capabilities.
This pivotal leadership role offers significant challenge, complexity and exposure along with the potential for significant career growth. Reporting to the Vice President of Enterprise Process Improvement (EPI), the Assistant Vice President, Enterprise Process Improvement will drive development and execution of break-through business strategies through process excellence and The Hartford Way. The Hartford Way is The Hartford's own path to continuous improvement, providing employees with the tools and training to improve the customer experience, work more efficiently, and sustain improvements. Our culture of continuous improvement facilitates empowerment, inclusion and collaboration - giving all employees a voice in identifying ideas and solving problems for our customers.
This leadership role contributes to our enterprise transformation, by partnering with senior business leaders to identify and deliver specific consulting engagements that enable execution of our business strategy and develop the capabilities needed across assigned business/functional areas.
Cultivating talent and the ability to drive transformational cultural change will be critical for success in this visible position. The AVP of EPI leads, coaches and develops a high performing team of Hartford Way Change Agents and is accountable for building a culture of process excellence and continuous improvement capability across the areas of his/her responsibility.
• Lead Lean Management diagnostic, design and implementation waves to deploy The Hartford Way
• Provide leadership and direction to cross-functional teams empowered to execute and deliver breakthrough levels of improvement in lean management
• Promote deep interaction and collaboration with business leaders to ensure that project plans align with and enable business strategies
• Apply Six Sigma, Lean, and other consulting/operational improvement techniques to drive measurable business process improvement.
• Develop solutions to complex problems that require a high degree of ingenuity, creativity, and innovation
• Lead a high performing organization; Attract, retain, develop and engage a highly specialized team; Facilitate, train and coach team members for results in the use of process improvement/continuous improvement tools, methodology and change management
• Lead multiple efforts designed to achieve significant changes in culture and performance; Create an open environment that fosters idea generation and collaboration, enabling diverse solutions to complex problems
• Coach and influence senior leaders and business partners to adopt and promote mindsets/behaviors needed to create a learning environment and sustain a culture of continuous improvement
• Significant experience leading the deployment and sustainment of Lean management systems (e.g. McKinsey 5 Lenses Approach) in a large, complex enterprise environment required; Financial services company preferred
• Strong track record of achieving significant business results through application of Lean and Six Sigma; Seasoned, successful professional with a demonstrated track record of leading large-scale, high impact business initiatives
• Proven business and client consulting experience with an emphasis on continuous improvement, strategy development/implementation and cultural transformation in a fast-paced, customer-centric environment
• Able to facilitate resolution of complex business challenges
• Strong leader and coach; Able to attract and lead a high performing team; Demonstrated growth of team members' skillsDemonstrated leadership skills with the ability to achieve outcomes and drive successfully drive transformation at all levels of the organization
• Trusted, credible advisor for senior business partners; Able to build strong relationships/teams, coach, influence outcomes and collaborate for success in a matrixed environment
• Demonstrated ability to develop strategic vision/direction and translate into actionable steps
• Must have exceptional communication skills (written, oral, presentation and facilitation) to effectively influence Senior Leaders; Able to translate complex business topics into key messages
• Strong critical thinking skills and business/financial acumen; Able to successfully leverage information, logic and creativity to make/influence effective decisions
• Lean Six Sigma Black Belt/Master Black Belt or Lean Sensei experience a plus
• Bachelor's degree required; Master's degree preferred
Deliver Outcomes - Demonstrate a bias for speed and execution that serves our shareholders and customers.
Operate as a Team Player - Work together to drive solutions for the good of The Hartford.
Build Strong Partnerships - Demonstrate integrity and build trust with others.
Strive for Excellence - Motivate yourself and others to achieve high standards and continuously improve.
The Hartford is an equal employment and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, ancestry or citizenship status, genetic information, pregnancy status or any other characteristic protected by law. The Hartford maintains a drug-free workplace and is committed to building inclusion and leveraging diversity.