"At MetLife, we're leading the global transformation of an industry we've long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we're dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers."
MetLife, through its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a global provider of life insurance, annuities, employee benefits and asset management with operations in nearly 50 countries and leading market positions in the United States, Japan, Latin America, Asia, Europe and the Middle East. With a proven track record of financial strength and delivering on promises since 1868, the company prides itself on helping people plan for their future by protecting what matters most - their families and their achievements.
With 2014 total operating income of ~$70 billion, MetLife is ranked #42 on the Fortune 500 list and #69 on the Forbes Global 2000 list of the world's largest public companies. Globally, the company has ~65,000 employees serving approximately 100 million customers, individuals, and businesses, including 90 of the FORTUNE 100. MetLife is also one of the largest institutional investors in the US with more than $450 billion in managed assets. FORTUNE Magazine's World's Most Admired Company survey recently named MetLife #1 in the Life and Health Insurance industry.
MetLife is an ambitious company with the scale, scope and talent to lead the transformation of the insurance and employee benefits industry, driving world class standards of performance around the globe. Launched in 2012 by MetLife Chairman and CEO, Steven Kandarian, the company's enterprise strategy is based on four cornerstones : Refocus the U.S. Business, Grow Emerging Markets, Build a Global Employee Benefits Business and Drive Towards Customer Centricity and a Global Brand. Concrete actions are well underway in each of these strategic focus areas, including moving to a horizontally-integrated global operating model to help drive greater leverage of technology and operations and the more consistent application of functional priorities across global markets.
As One MetLife, the company has defined common values shared across the enterprise: Put Customers First, Be the Best, Make Things Easier, and Succeed Together . These values guide how employees operate every day and are reflected in the company's commitment to creating a world-class organization which places a high value on motivational leadership, engaged talent, and customer focus. For more information on working at MetLife, please visit MetLife Careers . LOB/ GLOBAL FUNCTION/DEPARTMENT:
Global Corporate Services (GCS) is a core business function in MetLife's Global Technology & Operations (GTO) division that provides enterprise services in Corporate Real Estate & Services, GCS Operations, and GCS Strategy & Planning. Global Corporate Services' capabilities extend across four regions that include the Americas, Latin America, Europe Middle East and Africa, and Asia. THE ROLE:
The Assistant Vice President of Global Resource and Location Strategy is responsible for developing and defining global real estate location strategies, plans, and programs to optimize the overall operating model and expense structure for the enterprise, as it relates to the global real estate footprint. The AVP of Global Resource and Location Strategy leverages deep expertise and understanding of business function, real estate, and financial modeling to develop targeted strategies and programs for key stakeholders in the development of enterprise strategies. Key Relationships:
Reports to: VP, Global Corporate Svcs Ops
Direct Reports: 3 - 4
Other Key Stakeholders: EG Members and leadership direct reports, LOB Heads, Country Heads, GCS Regional Leads, Procurement, MetLife public affairs, and external government partners.
Location: New York Key Responsibilities:
- (55%) Proactively develop, oversee and deploy resource and location strategies globally and regionally, that include onshore / offshore strategies in alignment with Enterprise and LOB strategies and objectives that optimize business functions, the global real estate footprint, and reduce operating expenses. Targeted strategies that include functional modeling, real estate and location modeling, financial modeling, and regional and/or local government programs that drive significant operational efficiencies for the enterprise. Each strategy potentially impacts approximately $20M ~ $120M USD in average annual run-rate reduction of operating costs.
- (15%) Establish and manage strong partnerships with key global, regional, and country leadership that include the Executive Group, LOB heads, regional and country heads, and external government and public agency partners in order to deliver deep industry expertise, thought leadership, strategic guidance and consultative insight to architect targeted location strategies and influence business decisions.
- (20%) Lead strategic development of feasibility studies; complex financial models in partnership with consulting firms and Finance; and global, regional and/or local talent market analysis in order to present impact scenarios and cost effective solutions to obtain stakeholder support and influence enterprise business strategies and decisions.
- (10%) Assess and formulate global, regional, and local government and/or public agency incentive programs to benefit the enterprise. Develop public incentive analysis, conduct competitive RFPs that include incentive program/package negotiations with federal, regional, country, state and local organizations (eg. European Union, US state level) with public agencies; manage ongoing incentive programs that potentially total (in the aggregate) approximately $150M USD globally; and develop, implement, and manage risk management practices and controls within a highly regulated environment.
20% CANDIDATE QUALIFICATIONS: Business Knowledge/Technical Skills:
- Minimum 10 years of complex real estate & finance experience that includes exposure to multiple corporate real estate disciplines, with a background in strategic real estate transactions, site selection, investment analyses, labor market analyses, expertise in public global tax incentives (eg. Regional such as EU and sovereign country public tax incentives) and financial modeling.
- Strong financial acumen with modeling, analytical, and quantitative skills.
- Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent experience. Advanced degree preferred.
- Exceptional strategic thinking, solutions-oriented, with sound business judgment and strong analytical skills; superior problem-solving skills with ability to make rational, complex decisions based on available data
- Large corporate environment experience where coordination, collaboration and communication across multiple organizations is required for alignment and decision-making.
- Proven leadership track record and positive reputation with executive management, global business heads, and business partners.
- Expert influencing skills to manage enterprise stakeholders, business partners, and teams of diverse composition (e.g. varying skill sets; in-house and outsourced) who are not direct reports.
- Thinks Strategically - Sets direction aligned to the company's strategy, applying external and global perspective to meet local and global needs.
- Motivates People - Gains people commitment to achieve business objectives through clear communication of the company's vision and flexing leadership styles to inspire high performance.
- Creates Partnerships - Authentically builds trusted relationships and collaborates across global, diverse and multi-functional teams to successfully drive business objectives.
- Focuses on Customers - Promotes customer centricity and ensures focus on creating great customer experiences to achieve competitive advantage.
- Drives Results - Sets aggressive goals and is accountable for continuously driving improved performance, leading change and ensuring high standards.
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, martial or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace. Note to Mobile Users: If viewing on a mobile device and would like to apply, please email the job to yourself and complete the application from a desktop/laptop. Note to Desktop/Laptop Users: For immediate consideration, click Apply Now button below. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile which takes 10 - 15 minutes to complete. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.