Nuveen is the investment management arm of TIAA. It is one of the largest global asset managers with specialist knowledge across a wide array of asset classes, including fixed income, equities and alternatives. Nuveen is driven not only by the independent investment processes across the firm, but also the insights, risk management, analytics and other tools and resources a truly world-class platform provides. As a global asset manager, our mission is to work in partnership with our clients to create outcome-focused solutions to help them secure their financial future. For more information about the firm please visit our website at www.Nuveen.com
The Independent Broker-Dealer (IBD) Channel Marketing Manager will partner with Sales, Global Strategic Relations, Marketing and other internal partners, using diverse strategies to grow assets in this marketing-intensive business channel and raise awareness of the breadth and depth of Nuveen capabilities across asset classes and vehicles including separately managed accounts, ETFs, mutual funds, closed-end funds, and investment solutions.
The IBD Channel Marketing Manager will partner with the channel’s sales leadership and Global Strategic Relations managers to formulate client-centric strategies and tactics, develop sales tools, create channel-specific and firm-specific marketing and leverage firm-wide campaigns to achieve overall Nuveen and IBD channel business objectives.
As a member of a two-manager IBD channel marketing team, the individual in this role will coordinate with his/her IBD Channel Marketing partner to develop and implement marketing plans to help achieve the Channel’s broad distribution goals.
In addition, each IBD Channel Marketing Manager will be responsible for developing go-to-market plans for individual IBD firms, partnering with Sales Leadership and working in close coordination with the appropriate Global Strategic Relations Manager. While each IBD Channel Manager’s firm-specific responsibilities remain a key function of the role, it is expected that they will work together to surface, export and replicate successful advisor-level segmentation profiles and attendant strategies across the channel.
Both IBD Channel Marketing Managers would also focus holistically on advisor profiles, partnering with the Wire and RIA Channel Marketing Managers to consider Marketing tactics and initiatives that would address needs and preferences across channels by advisor type: high net worth, high net worth, middle market and the emerging hybrid service model pairing iAC and digital engagement.
- Ensure that the Nuveen brand platform – inclusive of our value proposition, key investment differentiators and areas of greatest opportunity – is consistently and strategically highlighted across these key IBD firms
- Contribute to strategy development and implementation of marketing plans to capitalize on increased focus on advisor profiling and segmentation to help drive acquisition, cross-sell and retention activities across the IBD channel and in key firms
- Develop and implement strategic marketing plans for the IBD channel that align firm-level, IBD overall channel distribution goals.
- Partner with Global Strategic Relations, Sales Leadership, Sales, Product, and Product Marketing to develop and execute initiatives that align with key partner firm and Nuveen areas of focus
- Serve as a key marketing contact for IBD sales leadership, advocating for channel needs within overall marketing and product team planning.
- In partnership with broader marketing, create and facilitate distribution of customized/specialized print and digital marketing and communications materials, promotional web content, conference support, ad hoc meetings and presentations, and other marketing mix components (print, digital, conference calls & webinars, social media resources), ensuring compliance with all relevant regulations, and partner firm compliance approvals.
- Communicate marketing strategies and initiatives to the sales force, monitoring material usage, and soliciting feedback and information for improving materials and processes.
- Produce ongoing reporting on campaign and promotional metrics, digital metrics, sales lift as well as industry trends and the competitive landscape within the IBD channel
- Facilitate ongoing research, information, and technology requirements to ensure effective product support and promotion.
- Recommend budget and monitor implementation costs
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year university or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of five to seven years of experience in B2B marketing or consulting positions; preferably in the investment services/asset management industry
- Knowledge and/or experience with independent channel firms and advisors
- Solid knowledge of mutual fund products, financial services industry and investment strategies and concepts, including SEC and FINRA regulatory requirements; Series 7 and 63 a plus (not required)
- Experience working with wholesalers and financial advisors
- Ability to work independently and also establish effective working relationships and influence, key customer firms, vendor partners, internal departments, and with industry groups and influencers
- Strong ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects independently and simultaneously, meet deadlines and adapt to changing priorities and timelines.
- Proven ability to lead the development and production of marketing communications programs to meet multiple communications, audience and marketing objectives.
- Ability to think strategically and creatively and connect broad ideas with detailed execution
- Strong oral, written, and visual communications skills - effective, and able to simply describe complex ideas to different audiences.
- Demonstrated exceptional project management skills.
- Demonstrated track record of meeting rapid-pace, demanding client needs.
- A genuine team player that believes in the power of collaborative work and builds relationships with co-workers in a collegial and respectful manner.
Equal Employment Opportunity is not just the law, it’s our commitment. Read more about the Equal Employment Opportunity Law.
If you need assistance applying due to being visually or hearing impaired, please email Careers Help.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, sex, religion, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other legally protected status.