Overview: About Aramark
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter .
Description: About Aramark Marketing
The Marketing Center of Excellence at Aramark is charged with building strong brands and driving profitable growth. Through repeatable business models that leverage insights and innovation, Aramark marketers help build base business, new business, and client retention through strategies, concepts, programs and practices that engage consumers "at the moment of truth" - where we serve over 2 billion meals each year at workplaces, schools, colleges and universities, hospitals, sports & entertainment venues and other locations around the country and the world. Position Objective
In this role, you'll lead the development of breakthrough innovation for our café portfolio and overall marketing management for the offerings utilized in retail cafés across the enterprise with a strong focus on developing and executing an end-to-end solution.
This position will enhance insights driven, consumer-centric innovation with Aramark, a critical priority for the company. We seek a proactive, forward looking leader to oversee the development/repositioning of our proprietary cafe concepts.
The AVP will need the capacity to lead multiple areas of focus at the same time, and must be comfortable in an ambiguous and fast-paced environment, where more needs to be done with less, and quickly. It is expected that this role is a doer as well as a thinker, who does not settle for the expected and conventional, but works to push ideas beyond the norm. Specific Responsibilities
- Strategy/Planning : Lead/develop overall Aramark cafe strategy with priority on creation/ongoing management of Aramark's proprietary café offering). Create project brief, situation assessment, and business case as appropriate for key projects.
- Environment Development: Aligned with brand positioning working with Capital Projects Team and external agency, develop environment/trade dress including physical re-imaging; look and feel, décor, and consumer travel path/journey for new concept or re-positioning of current equity. Elevate the consumer experience.
- Brand/Concept Insights : Identify consumer, competitive, category, business unit, and operator insights to assess the opportunity for Aramark's proprietary concept offering. Work in conjunction with the Aramark Insights Team to field consumer and other insights work. Leverage a variety of data-gathering tools and information assets-trends, consumer segmentation, market structure, consumer wants/behavior/attitudes, qualitative research, competitive benchmarking, personal observation. Utilize insights and analytics ongoing for management, continuous improvement and innovation.
- Project Management : Lead cross-functional teams, including product development/menu, supply chain, environment, operations, Operations Excellence, Finance, IT, Corporate Communications, business units, etc. to develop, launch, assess and continuously improve the brand.
- Program Management : Oversee entire promotions/program/menu platform and calendar for the café brand(s). Lead with direct report(s) development of key programs, promotions, and other related projects for café concepts and ongoing yearly activation programs that support the brand.
- Brand Activation : Develop process and work with Aramark business units to determine transition plan of current branded offerings into new proposed model; oversee the hand-off between the Marketing Center of Excellence and the Business Unit activation teams.
- Measurement : Determine brand concept KPIs and success measures. Track and report initiative results against these objectives while managing the budget and other project management duties (e.g., timelines, project plans, program administration, etc.)
- Best Practices: Help VP lead global development of New Product Development and Brand Management capability with focus on developing and sharing templates and best practices to launch new products/offerings and manage them ongoing. Ingrain innovation development standards including criteria for go/no go development decisions, hurdle rates and financial metrics.
- Business Unit Support : Service program support requests from field marketing and account leadership. Partner with operations and sales to leverage brand innovations to optimize growth and retention, supporting our right to win.
- MCOE Support : Act as brand steward for corporate brand Aramark - ensuring continual growth and support of the master brand value proposition. Evangelize culture of innovation and continuous improvement and with each commercial success, leverage the momentum.
- Leadership : Lead, coach and develop 1-3 employees; build high performing team
- This position will report directly to the VP Brand Management and Innovation within the Marketing Center of Excellence
- Management of 1-3 direct reports; also responsible for indirect leadership of cross-functional teams of 10+
- Bachelor's degree required, Master's Degree/MBA preferred
- 10+ Years Leading End-to-End Customer Strategy in Retail Restaurant (or similar experience)
- Experience building teams and marketing capabilities
- Strong project management experience, including stage gate process management
- Experience leading cross-functional teams in a matrix organization
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills including strong writing and presentation skills.
- Comfortable influencing highest levels of an organization and managing individuals in and outside of the direct reporting structure; ability to interface with all levels of employees, including executives, in a fast-paced team environment
- highly developed consultative and facilitation skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
A little about us:
At Aramark, we believe that each of our employees can play an important role in creating the great experiences that become lasting memories.